Thursday 7 March 2019

Recipe: fresh fruit 'not-crumble'

I suppose I am breaking all sorts of SW rules what with substituting ('tweaks', which I have never understood so just ignore), zizzing oats (should be synned - not a chance) and cooking fruit (should be synned - ditto), but I don't care!

This started as a little germ of an idea when I found a quark I don't actively dislike - from Aldi, of all places, so it works with the frugality theme, always a good thing.  It's not crumble.  Crumble has butter and sugar and is utterly melt in the mouth but this works as a nice breakfast or dessert.


Ingredients to make two portions

40g oats, half of them zizzed into flour
20g quark
1 level tsp stevia
a pinch of cinnamon

a selection of fresh fruit- I used apple, strawberries and raspberries because that's what I had.

Frylight butter spray

Method
Preheat the oven to 180C.

In a bowl, rub the quark into the oats.  It won't go breadcrumbly but it will sort of 'crumble'.  Add the stevia and the cinnamon and mix in.

Divide the fruit between two ramekins and sort of press down a bit.
spread the topping over and lightly spray the top with the drylight.

Pop in the oven for 20 to 25 mins, checking towards the end - don't want the oats to catch.

Serve hot or cold with natural yogurt.


Slimming world info.
If you ignore all the stuff at the top, this is mostly free and contains speed in the form of the fruit.  It has protein (the quark and yogurt, if used) and one portion provides you with half a healthy extra B.
And, as it is actually surprisingly nice, I could cheerfully wolf down the lot and still be on plan!.


5 comments:

  1. Oh, I have a real issue with tweaks! How, for example is my raspberry roulade a tweak when it consists of eggs, sweetener yogurt and raspberries, when if I eat boiled eggs followed by yogurt and raspberries topped with a bit of sweetener it's ok? It's the only part of SW which annoys me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto with bells on! So I ignore the whole concept.
      The raspbery roulade sounds wonderful. How do you fancy a guest slot on here for it? Please!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely delighted! How do we do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant. Er - do you have my email address or are you on Facebook (can't remember off the top of my head)
      xx

      Delete
    2. Scrub that. I've just sent you a comment headed 'not for publication'. :-)

      Delete