Monday 25 January 2021

Monday, 25-01-21

 Morning, all!
I braved the cold yesterday morning, went out to the shed and sorted out the top two shelves of the front-opening freezer, the ones that contain the home made 'ready meals' and batch cooking.
I just have one more to sort and I'm intending to use what's there for lunches or dinners over the next few weeks or so.

What I had yesterday:

Breakfast - a chopped pear underneath some yogurt with muesli and more fruit on top.  So delicious.
Lunch looks huge but most of it was vegetables - carrot, cauliflower, broccoli and sprouts - and most satisfying they were too.
This was the SW recipe for Chinese style banquet rice.  What I made was supposed to serve two but it made enough for four (I didn't eat the full bowlful) although, to be fair, I did add extra vegetables.  That's a few more lunches sorted out, isn't it?
It was nice but, somehow, a bit lacking.  Perhaps I should have used more garlic, ginger and spice.  It's actually a very simple recipe, despite the time it all took, and very adaptable, being basically a savoury rice with Chinese seasonings, so I will make it again at some point and up the ooomph.


Today's plans are:

B:  fruit salad and Greek yogurt, toast and marmite
While I was planning yesterday, I thought I'd go for a cooked breakfast but now it's the day, fruit salad sounds much more what I actually fancy.
SW:  one healthy extra B and two syns for two tsp spread

L:  The other half of the chicken and chorizo style sausage paella; fruit
I have a number of 'other half' meals in the freezer and I'd like to get them eaten this week, if possible.  This is one of them and I'll probably add 30g grated cheese for a bit of extra yum.
SW:  half a syn for the paella and one healthy extra A

D:  roast beef dinner; rice pudding and fruit
While I was tidying the freezer, I found a small bag with some slices of roast beef so that's my dinner.  To the beef I will add one Yorkshire pud, some mini roasties and some veg.  
I made a rice pudding using vanilla skinny syrup instead of sugar and it came out really nice.  Four portions of delicious sweetness, yum.
SW:  two syns for the Yorkshire, a couple of syns for some gravy, half a syn for a tsp of horseradish and the rice pudding is half a healthy extra A and one syn.  I will use spray oil for the potatoes, probably.

Body Magic:  a rebounder video on YouTube, maybe some balance
Some YouTube vloggers are doing a hundred days of exercise challenge thingy.  I don't vlog so can't join in with that but I thought I might challenge myself to do something every day for a hundred days.  It doesn't have to be anything specific, it can be short and simple, but specific exercise such as a walk, a jog, an online class etc.  What do you think?

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eight syns



5 comments:

  1. I think I'll join you in the 100 Days challenge ... anything to keep me motivated!! Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, thanks. I've started off today with a bounce and I'll have another a bit later, probably.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Your challenge sounds interesting. I mught just give it a go too. At the moment I am down to exercising two days a week for an hour and walking three or four days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're pretty much there then. five or six out of seven is great!
      xx

      Delete