Thursday 14 January 2021

Thursday, 14-01-21

 Good morning.
I have to eat my words (how many syns, I wonder). 
Last week I had a mini rant about Slimming World ignoring/not synning the Aldi SlimWell range of frozen meals after a historical dispute and, indeed, the values don't scan using the app on my phone.  However, they are on the website if you access the food search rather than scanning.  Even better, they are all around one or two syns which is very SW friendly.
So that's good.

Having said that, the one I want to have isn't on the site but, as all the others are between one and two syns, I will estimate!  The calories are OK anyway.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast was an apple, a pear and two plums, all chopped and topped with some yogurt and a drizzle of Sweet Freedom.  It was lovely!
Lunch:  cheesy beans on toast/.  Always a tasty choice!



I totally forgot to photo dinner.  It was OK, the sauce, nothing amazing though.  I'll take another look through recipes.


Today's meal plans:

B:  bacon, egg, sausage and mushroom
The sausage will be a Linda McCartney one so free
SW:  speed and free

L:  baked bean and cheese quesadilla, salad; fruit
As I have baked beans left over from yesterday, I can spice them up, mash then down and make a quesadilla,  Nice.
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As, one healthy extra B, one syn for some spicy sauce of some kind

D:  pork and red pepper sausage and bean casserole (frozen ready meal), sprouts and cauliflower; yogurt
Just what it says on the box!
SW:  two syns for the casserole, half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  personal training was cancelled yesterday and rescheduled for today

Summary:
two healthy extra As (the other half is milk for drinks)
one healthy extra B
three and a half syns

4 comments:

  1. Oh, IO really do, it is a favourite in the family. Especially with grated cheese on top. So good
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food photos are always so lovely. It makes me hungry every time I see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's a lovely thing to say. I'm a great believer in visual satisfactions. For me, it really enhances the eating experience and makes it feel more satisfying. I don't mean to sound pretentious but it's not a lot of bother to arrange things more carefully on the plate and make it look nice as well as tasting nice.
      It works for me, anyway! :-)
      xx

      Delete
    2. Totally agree with that. Tony and I love our food to be nicely presented

      Delete