Tuesday 26 January 2021

Tuesday, 26-01-21

Morning.
Finally, at long, long last (several weeks anyway), I've sorted out the upright freezer.  It was the perfect day - very cold but dry and sunny so I emptied out all the shelves, aimed the hot air heater into the body of the freezer, set the drip tray at the bottom and then set to sorting and tidying each of the shelves.  There was very little to chuck but there were some fag ends of loaves of bread, three healthy extra Bs-worth in total.  I let them thaw, zizzed them in the Thermomix and set them on the side to dry out a bit.  This morning I will zizz again, weigh the lot and divide it by eighteen to give me the syns (allowing six syns for each B).  Then into a bag or a plastic container and back into the freezer they go.

They will be very useful for bread-crumbing things that I can then spray and bake or actifry, without breaking into a healthy extra.  I never use as much as that anyway.  I feel a fish and chips meal coming on at some point soon and, maybe, an escalope or two or a cheese and breadcrumb topping.  Nice!

What I ate yesterday:

This felt a great way to start the week.  Really fresh and a good mix of savoury and sweet.  Filling too!


Lunch was the other half of the SlimWell chicken and chorizo style sausage paella and it was just as nice as it was the first time.  The added cheese was a mix of cheddar and mozzarella, one for flavour and the other for melting qualities.

I'm tempted to get another next time I go to Aldi but I have others to use up so it will have to wait until they have gone.
Dinner was absolutely gorgeous.  Slices of roast beef with a Yorkshire, mini roasties, sprouts and cabbage plus some horseradish and some gravy, synned where necessary.



And then dessert was something I haven't had for simply ages - rice pudding, made with vanilla skinny syrup instead of sugar and none the worse for that.  I did enjoy it.  There's three more portions in the freezer and when they are gone I shall make some more.

All in all, a super day's eating.


Today's meal plans are . . .

B:  ham, cheesy beans on toast
I will use just one slice of toast for half a B choice.
SW:  half a healthy extra B and one A plus one syn for spread

L:  meatballs in tomato sauce, protein noodles; fruit
The meatballs are from the freezer and the noodles are left over from Sunday.  I think I will add some burger sauce to the mix too for extra flavour.
SW:  half an A and four syns for the meatballs, one syn for the noodles and one and a half syns for one level tbsp sauce

D:  steak, chips, salad; yogurt
Something nice and simple tonight with just a very few chips and plenty of salad.  Maybe I can cut the chips thinner than usual to make it look like more.
SW:  one syn for two tbsp super light mayo and half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  day 2 of the 100 day challenge - some rebounder and some step.  There's a long way to go but at least I've started.

Summary:
two healthy extra As (the last half is milk for teas)
half a healthy extra B
nine syns - higher than it's been for a while

5 comments:

  1. The roast beef looks delicious but is dies the rice pudding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all lovely, to be honest. A good old fashioned meal works wonders now and again!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love a proper roast dinner. I bet the beef was gorgeous...it certainly looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great. One of those 'roasting joints' that are not terribly expensive and require very long and slow cooking but end up very tender and tasty. Must get another one at some point.
      xx

      Delete