Sunday 24 January 2021

Sunday, 24-01-21

 Good morning!
It was another good day yesterday with lovely food and no 'naughty' snacks.  I say naughty but, in fact, pretty much everything is fine in balance and the problem for me is when certain things start cravings and it becomes a real battle.  I expect I'm not the only one by a long shot.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast - very filling.
The smoothie was 20g oats, two pears and one banana, all going over, several dollops of 0% Greek yogurt and about 80 mls of milk plus some peanut cup flavoured skinny syrup.  It made that big glassful plus a smaller glassful that I had mid afternoon.  Lovely!
I spread the marmite on the toast first and then the cheese triangle as the other way doesn't work so well - the marmite doesn't spread properly.

I can thoroughly recommend the Aldi SlimWell  chicken and chorizo style sausage paella which I had for lunch.  I thought it was absolutely delicious and half of the portion was plenty for lunch, especially with a fruit platter for afters.  Full of flavour and enough heat to just tickle the tongue
The other half is in the freezer for another lunch next week and I am definitely going to get it again.


Dinner was fine.  Nothing different. I've made it loads of times and will again.  Satisfying and filling and I didn't want any dessert.


Today's plans are . . .

B:  very nutty muesli with yogurt and fruit
It was a toss up between that and porridge on such a cold day but the muesli won - but it might change by the time I actually have my breakfast, mind you.
SW:  one healthy extra B (40g of oats or muesli)

L:  steak and potato topped pie, assorted veg; fruit
I made this a couple of weeks ago, using a can of M&S chunks steak and some cheesy mash, eating half at the time and freezing the other half.  It's Sunday so I'd like something a bit more 'Sunday dinner' but can't be bothered with a roast.  I've prepped four veggies, carrot, cauli, broccoli and sprouts, and it will be lovely!
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese in the mash

D:  Chinese style banquet rice; yogurt
This is an Iceland Slimming World ready meal but I'm using the recipe, found in Lifeline Online, to make it from scratch.  I've had to reduce the amounts as it serves four.  I'll probably make a two portion amount and freeze one for later on in the week.  
It looks pretty easy to do and I can get most of it ready well before which I prefer to do.
If you can access Lifeline Online, here's the recipe and I think I will most likely stick to it.
https://member.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/chinese-banquet-rice
SW:  the recipe is SW free but I'll probably use a couple of tsps of toasted sesame oil for extra flavour which will come to two syns per portion, half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  step, balance and bounce

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As (the other half is for milk)
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns


No comments:

Post a Comment