Saturday 9 January 2021

Saturday, 09-01-21

 Good morning.  
I've survived the week, more or less, and now it's the weekend.  More of the same but at the weekend!  :-)

I was proud of myself yesterday evening.  I was sorely tempted by something that I'd decided not to have, wasn't necessary, wasn't good for me; I battled and I won!  Woo hoo!  This morning, I feel really encouraged and motivated.


Yesterday's photos

Well, I forgot to take a photo of breakfast but it was a smoothie made with some 0% Greek yogurt, 125 mls semi skimmed milk (half an A), 20g oat bran (half a B), half a banana, a very ripe kiwi and two very soft plums, all well zizzed together and finished off with a squirt of 'cotton candy' skinny syrup.  It was absolutely lovely!

Lunch was some lentil and root veg soup from the freezer, very thick so it could be slackened with a bit of milk next time (there are more portions in the freezer), followed by leftover baked beans and some bacon.  Rather scrummy!

Dinner was a pork and apple traybake and, as I could decide, I have sprouts and broccoli and cabbage.
The traybake was a pork steak, carrot, parsnip, onion and apple with some thyme and a bay leaf from the garden, spray oil, lemon juice and seasonings.  It's the sort of recipe that could have done with some 'proper' oil, not spray oil but it was delicious, all the same.
I decided not to have the planned chips and, as you can see, I really wouldn't have had room for them anyway.

This was dessert.  You get some frozen cherries, reserving one for the top, and put them into a mini blender (or a bigger one) with some 0% Greek yogurt and a squidge of chocolate caramel skinny syrup.  Give it all a good zizz until it is a semi frozen sort of ice cream.
I topped it with 10g squirty cream (not the 20g I had planned for) and put the cherry on the top and it was really lovely.

Please remember that, strictly speaking, blended fruit should be synned.  I don't!!!

In the afternoon, I had three babybel lights for my other healthy extra A.


Today's meal plans.

B:  omelette; pear and kiwi
I will make the omelette using bacon, mushroom and tomato and it will probably be a fold over type of one rather than having them all mixed together.
SW:  free and speed

L:  roasted carrot soup; cheese and onion quesadilla, salad; two easy peelers
I found the soup recipe online so have no idea what it will taste like - I'll let you know!
SW:  one or one and a half healthy As and one B.  I think the rest is speed or free

D:  steak Diane (sort of); chips, salad; honey yogurt
The steak thingy is from the Pinch of Nom book.  The 'Diane' sauce is usually cream and brandy and so on.  This most certainly will not be like that and I'll let you know
SW: half a healthy extra A on some spready cheese for the sauce, half a syn for some dijon mustard, two syns for some oil and two for the dessert

Body magic:  maybe a walk

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns



6 comments:

  1. Well done on resisting temptation! That dessert looks nice, I do love cherries. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it's had a really positive knock on effect today.
      It was delicious - I must make it more often, with different fruits.
      xx

      Delete
  2. That cherry dessert looks gorgeous. I froze some mango slices today and tomorrow I will whizz them up in the blender. It will make a gorgeous sweet treat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a skinny pud! All sounding delicious as usual, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - it's so good!
      Thanks, Eloise.
      xx

      Delete