Saturday 30 January 2021

Saturday, 30-01-21

 Good morning.

Some days ago, our SW consultant, Jen, started a side by side thread in our SW group and I posted this.

The first photo was taken before my gall bladder crash and the second in early October last year.  If I ever need reminding how far I have come, I look at this.  My tension in the first photo is palpable, isn't it?  I hated having my photo taken.

Yesterday's meal photos:

When it came to it, I really wasn't hungry all morning, so I didn't bother with the fruit for breakfast.

Lunch was lovely.  Very cheesy and flavoursome.  I dearly love a cheese toastie.


Dinner was simple but delicious.  I found some JD chips and wedges seasoning so added that to the actifry and I will definitely be using it again.  Just a touch of spice and it brought out the potato flavour very well.  For the salmon, I just drizzled one tbsp Crucials Caribbean sweet chilli sauce over, wrapped it in a foil parcel and baked it for fifteen minutes at 180C
And then - dessert.
I didn't have the planned three syns worth of milk (one cuppa, 15 mls was all I had) so I swapped them for two and a half syns worth of squirty cream (I know that's not really the idea at all!) on top of my frozen toffee Mullerlight to which I'd added some more Greek yogurt and a bit of toffee syrup before freezing.

So good, perfect for a Friday evening dinner.



Today's meal plans:

B:  waffles, fruit and yogurt
I haven't had waffles for quite a while so it's about time they made a re-appearance.
SW:  one healthy extra B for 40g wholemeal flour (a bit of a cheat but the fibre and the calories fit so why not?)

L:  a small chicken curry, rice, side veg; fruit
A funny old mix really but I found a small portion of chicken curry and rice in the freezer and it's about time it was used.  I'll probably spray fry some peppers and mushrooms as a side and for speed.
SW:  it should be all free and speed

D:  Chinese sweet and sour chicken with stir fry vegetables; yogurt
It's a SW recipe and should really be pork but I think I'll change it to chicken.
SW:  half a syn for cornflour in the recipe and I will use some toasted sesame oil for another two syns plus half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  day 6 of the 100 day challenge:   I rather fancy a good old Rosemary Conley salsacise video today.

Summary:
no healthy extra As planned although I will use some milk in cups of tea
one healthy extra B
three syns



13 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks, Laurie, that's very kind. I'm really happy if I've helped anyone and I know lots of people have helped me too and inspired me to keep going.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW. You have done so well Joy. You really are an inspiration,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very pleased with it all, I have to admit, and it does make me happy! Thanks, Cherie. xx

      Delete
  3. If ever you doubt yourself, Joy, you only have to look at those two photos to see how amazingly well you've done. Huge congratulations xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Sometimes it does help to look back, doesn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  4. Incredible Joy, you really are an inspiration. Well Done. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't feel much like an inspirations but - what does an inspiration feel like anyway! :-D
      xx

      Delete
  5. Amazing photos, Joy. I agree with Sooze, if you ever doubt yourself.......... X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eloise. Sometimes we just need to acknowledge the journey as well as the destinations, don't we?
      xx

      Delete
  6. Well done : ). Those two photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo, that's really kind. Somehow, seeing them side by side makes me realise . . .
      xx

      Delete
  7. Wow, what an amazing transformation. You are so inspiring. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - everyone is being so kind, it's lovely.
      xx

      Delete