Thursday 7 January 2021

Thursday, 07-01-21

 Good morning, everyone.
Today, I am having a 'calorie' day. 
When I did my shop on Tuesday morning, I got some of the Aldi Slim Well frozen meals, just for a change.  I got chicken and chorizo style sausage paella, vegetable biryani, smoky BBQ chicken, pork and red pepper sausage and bean casserole and sweet and sour chicken.
Now, rather stupidly in my opinion, SW refuses to syn the Aldi Slim Well meals because of an argument they had about them with Aldi so I will go by the calories instead and I thought I may as well have a calorie day rather than a SW day.
It helps that I have been slowly making my way through the new Pinch of Nom and Chubby Cubs recipe books and there are several meals I would love to try and they all have a calorie count.

But first, yesterday's meal photos

The honey yogurt is really lovely and goes well with the fruit.  A nice breakfast.


I was ready for this after an hour of personal training!  A thick bean and veg soup with cheese and onion toastie and a simple salad, followed by an apple.   Yum!



Hunter's chicken is one of my absolute favourite SW friendly meals.  I didn't have any mayo and just used spray oil for the chips and it was delicious.


Today's meal plans are:

B:  blueberry porridge
From the Chubby Cubs book, p24
335 cals

L:  beans on toast; apple
bread:  93 calories
beans (205g, half a can): 178 cols
30g grated cheddar: 125 cals
apple: 60 cals
total:  456 cals


D:  sweet and sour chicken with 'posh' rice; yogurt
sweet and sour chicken:  267 cals
50g dry weight 'posh' rice:  182 cals
honey yogurt:  119 cals
Total:  568 cals

Summary
breakfast:  335 cals
lunch:  456 cals
dinner:  568 cals
total:  1359 cals - that looks OK to me, given that I have considerable Christmas poundage to lose.

Back on SW tomorrow.


And the bad news is - eight pounds on.  Oh, well - at least I know the enemy!  :-)

3 comments:

  1. I was just wondering what to have for breakfast.. I'm so glad I read your post as now I know :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > It's a porridgy sort of morning!
      xx

      Delete