Wednesday 6 January 2021

Wednesday, 06-01-21

 Hello again!

One of my Christmas things was this - nine little boxes, each box containing five tea bags.  I'm treating myself to one a day and I'm really enjoying them.  I've never been much of a tea drinker so this has surprised me in a nice way.

So - while I was shopping in M&S yesterday (their f&v lasts for ages) and saw they had some boxes of twenty 'tea'bags for a pound, so 5p a go.  There was quite a choice and I got spiced apple, lemon, ginger and ginseng, and strawberry and raspberry.

One of the nice things is that they work by themselves - no milk needed - and I'm looking forward to making them part of my liquid intake.  I was staring to have too much coffee and thinking about cutting down so this will help.  Do you like fruit 'teas'?  Which ones?


Yesterday's photos:

Not great to look at but so delicious.  Everything was good and ripe and I very much enjoyed them.

Lunch looked more like breakfast but it was tasty.


And then . . . and then I lost it again in the evening.  Where do motivation and determination go to as the day progresses.  I suppose having a sore jaw didn't help but really that's no excuse.

Another day, another start!  

Today's plans:

B:  honey yogurt with fruit (apple, pear and orange)
Now, I didn't intend buying honey Greek yogurt, I meant to get plain and it wasn't until yesterday that I realised it wasn't plain.  It's M&S 0% fat Greek style yogurt with honey.  So I scanned and checked and the whole 450g pot is six and a half syns which I don't think is too bad.  Also, it tastes lovely and I can see that it might go onto my semi-regular shopping list from now on.
I'll have 150g per portion which will be two, two and two and a half syns so today I'll make it two and a half and the other two portions can be two each.
SW:  two and a half syns

L:  Spicy bean and veg soup; cheese and onions toastie, side salad; fruit (easy peeler and kiwi)
All home made and, I hope, very tasty.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one B, one syn for the soup and, if I have mayo on the salad, one syn for two level tbsps

D:  hunter's chicken, a few chips and a salad; yogurt (natural plus skinny syrup)
Self explanatory, I think.  The chicken and the chips are all home made/cooked.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one B

Body magic:  personal training with Lindsey

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns
plenty of protein and free/speed fruit and veg


Please keep your fingers crossed for me today - I'm getting worried.





5 comments:

  1. I keep 'losing it' in the evening as well. I'm so annoyed with myself but it doesn't stop me doing it again the next day. Hope my pre Christmas motivation comes back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really weird, isn't it? I'm going to take it just one day/one meal at a time and here's hoping. Maybe I should resume my cross stitching - that keeps my hands and my mind busy.
      Good luck to you, I share your frustration. Let me know how it all goes.
      xx

      Delete
  2. It's always hard to get back to eating properly after a holiday I think. But you're already doing it for most of the day and I'm sure you'll get back into the groove soon. Fingers are crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie - I really do hope so. Hope you are getting back to your happy place too.
      xx

      Delete