Tuesday 19 January 2021

Tuesday, 19-01-21

 Morning!
Still all going well this week.  Clothes are starting to feel a little looser again.  It's really strange - when I was on my way down through this current weight, I felt really slim but now, having gone up from a lower weight, I feel stodgy and chubby.
It reinforces my belief that I was right to lower my initial target.

Don't laugh; I have invested in a rebounder - a mini trampoline - which arrived yesterday.  It's a lot bigger than I expected but I can tuck it out of eyesight when not using it and I rather enjoyed a bit of bouncing on it yesterday, under the guidance of a YouTube video.  It's supposed to be an all rounder as far as exercise is concerned - we will see.

Yesterday's meals photos:

A chopped pear underneath, then yogurt with caramel skinny syrup, satsuma segments around and muesli sprinkled over.  Lovely
The folded breakfast wrap that was lunch and wow - it was great!  Bacon, 45g grated cheddar (one A), mushroom and tomato with a tbsp brown sauce (one syn) and a side salad.  The wrap was two eggs.
I was full all afternoon.
I wonder if one could coil it round like a cone, instead of folding it.  Might try that next time.  Using eggs instead of a wrap works well.
Dinner was chicken chow mein using some JD Seasoning and it was very satisfying.  Packed with speedy veg and low in carbs as I used protein noodles.
No room for yogurt afterwards either.



Today's plans:

B:  fruity porridge
SW:  half a healthy extra A for milk and one B for the oats

L:  SlimWell vegetable biryani; fruit

SW:  one syn for the biryani

D:  chicken and veg chilli with noodles; yogurt
Mostly leftovers, this is a chuck it all in and hope kind of meal.  I have chicken, peas, corn and noodles left over and I can add some ham or bacon to the mix, if needed.
SW:  one syn for noodles and half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  my rebounder was delivered yesterday so I will be bouncing around to some YouTube class

Summary:
one healthy extra A (the other half is milk for teas)
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns



11 comments:

  1. Your food is always so visually pleasing, Joy, it looks a pleasure to eat. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sooze. That's the idea - it's as easy to arrange it nicely as it is to splat it on the plate and really adds to my enjoyment of the meal. It's weird how powerful visual impact is but I guess nouvelle cuisine would never have got off the ground if it wasn't so strong.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I've been reading a fair bit about rebounders lately. They are excellent exercise for the mature woman and you can join in on line classes which is great. It burns energy and strengthens bones and core muscles. Your food as always looks delicious. Well done Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's lots of rebounder stuff on You Tube which is great. What makes me laugh is that I start bouncing and need to dash to the loo, even if I've just been. Everything gets shaken down. I'm really glad I bought it.
      xx

      Delete
    2. I used to have to go to the toilet more after being on the grand childrens trampoline!

      Delete
  3. The thought of leaping up and down on a trampoline makes my dodgy leg and hip feel like a salted slug... have you ever put salt on a slug? eeeeek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must do more pre-planning of my meals (as you do, Joy). I'm sure it would benefit me. I'm not doing too well with the restricted eating - only 12 or 13 hours of fasting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the stuff I have read says that any more extended time fasting is helpful, it doesn't have to be 8:16 but I would say nothing works for everyone and if it really isn't your thing, then look for something else. However 12:12 is fine, I think.
      As for the pre=planning, yes, I find it helps such a lot. I've stopped the whole week planning now but I do plan the day before and I do have some ideas jotted down of what I could make with what I have in, something even more important right now. Planning is one of the more important strategies, I think. And following it through, of course. :-)
      xx

      Delete