Thursday 28 January 2021

Thursday, 28-01-21

 Good morning.  Really sorry this is so late but it's been a busy morning.

I wonder if anyone can advise - I've looked everywhere for short grain rice (for rice pudding) and nowhere seems to have it.  I'm guessing it's fine but has anyone used risotto or arborio rice instead?

Yesterday's meals looked like this.

I was surprised how nice the marmite toast and sausages were.  I'll have that again.
Lunch was the other half of the Pinch of Nom risotto with a but of extra cheese.  Very tasty.
Dinner was the SlimWell spicy bbq chicken which was really tasty.  I had half of it and the other half is in the freezer for lunches.  The stir fry veg were also very nice and it all went well together.


Today's meals:
B:  fruit - apple, orange and pear
SW:  speed

L:  tomato and red pepper soup; fruit
From the freezer and it's the last portion so I need to make some more sometime.
SW:  speed and free

D:  I've been very sparing for breakfast and lunch because I intend to go off plan to have something that I've been craving but in a controlled way - Pizza.  Sainsbury's has some thin crust pizzas that are very reasonable in calories - the one I've got is 402 calories for the whole pizza.  It doesn't work with Slimming World but it's fine for calories so . . . 
SW:  absolutely no idea but I don't think I'll be much above syns, etc.

Body Magic:  day four of the hundred day challenge - a step class and some rebounding.  If you're taking park, how's it going?

So - not a good SW day but it will be fine and I will right back on it again tomorrow morning.


3 comments:

  1. Joy, I've used arborio rice for rice pudding....I bought a bargain priced huge bag of it ages ago and use it for both savoury and sweet things, seems to work ok, although I would say you don't need to cook it as long for pud. The rice seems to break up quite a lot - not surprising as it's meant for risotto. Enjoy your pizza! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's good, thanks. I'll keep looking out for short grain rice but I'm glad the other works OK.
      xx

      Delete