Tuesday 12 January 2021

Tuesday, 12-01-21

 Good morning.  Another good day yesterday all on plan and no temptations to battle!  No complaints.

Yesterday's photos.

Breakfast was just fruit and some natural yogurt that took no time at all to get together.  This works well as a satisfying breakfast.


Lunch was that slightly the worse for wear broccoli and cheese soup plus bacon sandwich and a salad.  The soup was surprisingly delicious, enhanced by the last dregs from a jar of marmite, something I will add again because it gave great depth of flavour.  It only needed two cheese triangles so I used two others as spread on the bread and the last one I swapped for a tbsp brown sauce (not totally in the SW/heA spirit but the calories worked).  I didn't have any room for fruit.

The chicken and banana curry was, amazingly, absolutely delicious.  I really loved it.  It sounds weird, it looked very beige but wow, the flavour (and the house smelled wonderful).   I'll be making it again, for sure.  I spent one and a half syns on some posh rice in a sachet - well worth it.
Again, no room left for dessert.

I've searched but it's not on the PoN site but this one looks fairly similar, albeit not totally SW friendly:


Today's plans.

B:  muesli with yogurt and fruit
40g of Aldi really nutty muesli is a B choice and I will sprinkle it onto some natural yogurt with fruit around the edge.  Yum.
SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  the rest of the cheesy broccoli soup; cheesy tuna jacket and salad; fruit
I'll add two cheese triangles to the soup and call it half an A.  The remaining one and a half As will be 45g cheese mixed with tuna and mayo to top the jacket potato.
SW:  two healthy extra ASs and up to two syns for some superlight mayo

D:  honey and lime salmon with posh rice, broccoli and parsnip chips; yogurt
The salmon is another PoN recipe from the new book, a very simple one.  I will have it on the other half of the sachet of posh rice opened yesterday with broccoli and parsnip chips on the side.
SW:  one and a half syns for the rice, one syn for honey, two syns for one tsp oil and half a syn for dessert.

Body magic:  no idea - maybe a walk?

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
seven syns



3 comments:

  1. The chicken and banana curry isn't something I have heard of before but it sounds very tasty. Unfortunately Tony isn't keen on the texture of banana.. Does it change when it's cooked as I'd love to give this one a try. Might even be worth cooking it for myself and freezing it for lunch times when I am on my own

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's heated rather than cooked. It does soften and goes smoother, I guess. I would say give it a go and see that you think.
      xx

      Delete