Sunday 31 January 2021

Sunday, 31-01-21

 Morning.  I forgot to mention earlier, it seems I was Slimmer of the Week this week.  That's nice.

I have a new toy!  Earlier in January, I made an online order for various Lakeland stuff (the shop in town is closed at the moment) such as poly bags, easy leave, foil, cling film, etc.  I was just trawling through their new stuff, as you do, and saw this . . .

Ooooh, thought I, interesting.  Before you ask, it's a 'Personal Ice Cream Maker'.  As with a lot of ice cream makers, you have to keep the bowl in the freezer and I never have enough room for such a thing.  However - this one is the size of a large mug and fits nicely in a little corner.  You just put in the mixture, whatever it is, insert the paddle into the lid (the white bit), place both in/on the bowl and switch it on and about twenty minutes later (just time enough to eat your first course), hey presto!
I'm not sure the mug is necessary but the spoon is useful.


As its name implies, it makes single portions so perfect for me and I already love it.  So when you see I have planned for yogurt ice, that's what it is - either a Mullerlight or some natural yogurt flavoured with skinny syrup or flavouring, churned in my new toy!  I think it's going to be a really helpful addition to my healthy eating tools.
Here's a link.
https://www.lakeland.co.uk/63484/Lakeland-Personal-Ice-Cream-Maker-

Yesterday's meal photos:

After quite a long time, it was really nice to have waffles again and I really enjoyed this breakfast.  I flavoured them with some home made apple pie spice mix and the fruit was grapes, strawberries and persimmon/Sharon fruit which I don't think I have ever knowingly had before.  It's lovely and I will definitely buy some more pretty soon.  It is free, not speed, on Slimming World.


Lunch was a small curry and rice from the freezer and I also spray fried peppers, onion and mushrooms to which I added a bit of roasted curry powder.  The fruit for dessert was the rest of the persimmon, a few grapes and a kiwi.  Nice!

In the afternoon I had three babybel lights for a healthy A choice.

The sweet and sour recipe (from the SW site) was good.  I left out the noodles and had extra stir fry veg instead.  It was most satisfying.

Instead of yogurt for dessert, I got one of the portions of rice pudding out of the freezer.  The syns in that (which were from the milk content, plus the milk I had for cuppas, made my second A choice.
So that sorted out yesterday's healthy extras nicely!




Today's meal plans:  

B:  porridge with fruit and yogurt
Just the usual - 40g oats and 125ml each of water and milk plus fruit and something to sweeten.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one B

L:  pork steak, pulled pork sauce with roasties, sprouts, parsnips and broccoli; fruit
Just what it says on the tin!  I will slow roast/bake the pork steak and the sauce is from when I made pulled pork in the slow cooker and it's half a syn
SW:  two syns for some oil for roasties and parsnips and half for the sauce

D:  Slimwell chicken saag, rice; yogurt
Another of the Aldi ready meals.  I have to say that from what I have tried, the Slimwell meals are head and shoulders above the SW meals from Iceland, around half the price and, generally, there's enough for two meals.  I'll probably make use of my new toy and turn the yogurt into ice cream.
SW:  two syns for the chicken saag and half a syn for the yogurt.  

Body magic: day 7 of the 100 day challenge:  some bouncing on the rebounder and some step.  Maybe a walk too.

Summary:
one healthy extra A lus some for milk in teas
one healthy extra b
five syns





4 comments:

  1. That single portion ice cream maker sounds brilliant. Generally, I don't have much of a sweet tooth but my one weakness is ice cream - I could eat loads of it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dearly love frozen yogurt, especially when flavoured with skinny syrup. That way I can have loads of different flavours and additions without having to invest in a larger container-ful.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of a single portion ice cream maker. I love frozen yoghurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good one, isn't it. It's unusual to find things like that geared to one.
      xx

      Delete