Sunday 3 January 2021

Sunday, 03-01-21

 Good morning.  Two days down and staying on plan.  Yesterday was quite obviously a day for letting go of retained fluid.  The time I spent rushing to the loo!!!  A good sign that the weight is dropping again.  Also, I feel less puffy and bloated thank goodness.

I really gave the big freezer a good sort out, clear up and defrost yesterday and now I have a very clear knowledge of what's there.  That freezer tends to contain meat and veg while the upright one contains bread, fruit and pre-cooked meals in single portions.  What is very clear is that I won't have to spend much in the shops for a while.  Can't be bad, can it?

Photos of yesterday:

I have to say, the gingerbread porridge was delicious.  It had that bite that ginger things have but was warming and comforting too.  I think I can reproduce it pretty well with skinny gingerbread syrup - must remember.

When it came to lunch, I really didn't want to faff around with salad and I certainly didn't need two healthy extras-worth of cheese.  I just warmed the defrosted pasta bake, sprinkled over the 30g of cheese and finished it off in the oven.  That, with a yogurt afterwards, was most satisfying.




A third delicious meal.  Fillet steak, chops, sprouts, parsnips and a mushroom and pepper sauce.  Dessert was plums stewed with a star anise and some vanilla yogurt.
Note to self - get more star anise.

I so enjoyed dinner!


Today's meal plans:

B:  apple, pear, kiwi and easy peeler
SW:  free and speed

L:  bacon and sausage bap, cheesy baked beans; yogurt
Now I know exactly what I have, I'm basing meals on my fairly long freezer list again.  I truly don't want to go to the shops too much unless I have to, partly because it is blimmin' cold and partly because of Covid 19.
The sausage is an Aldi skinny sausage (maybe two) and I cut all the fat off any bacon.  I'll spread the roll with 1 tsp lighter butter and I might treat myself to a tbsp brown sauce too.
SW:  one heathy extra A and one B, up to one syn for the sausage, one for the spread and one for a level tbsp of brown sauce.  The yogurt will be free because it's plain yogurt

D:  roast beef dinner; iced fruit dessert
I'll use the other half of the fillet steak, cooked yesterday.  I also cooked extra parsnips.  I will spray roast some sweet potato and cook some broccoli.  I'll also make some Yorkshires , made with water, not milk, as they go all nice and crunchy.  The extra ones will go in the freezer.  I have some beef stock so will use a bit of bisto to make gravy too.  It should make quite a plateful.
SW:  two and a half syns for two Yorkshires (the mixture makes six altogether) and up to two syns for bisto granules.  I can't remember how many syns the dessert is, but it's not more than three; I'll check later on.

Body Magic:  it's another energetic day, up and down stairs, out to the garage or shed and in again.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
ten and a half syns max.


4 comments:

  1. I think all the different foods we eat have different effects on our bodies. I had lovely sprouts too for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sprouts are really delicious at the moment, aren't they?
      xx

      Delete
  2. Well done Joy for staying on plan. The gingerbread porridge sounds nice, I might do that tomorrow. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. A bit of a blip yesterday (Sunday) evening but that's OK.
      xx

      Delete