Saturday 2 January 2021

Saturday, 02-01-21

 Good morning.  It's really so nice to be back to normal with precious little in the way of tempting rubbish food to be battling against.
I'm taking another step towards normality and order and making use of the chilly weather to defrost and sort out my chest freezer.  It really is in a terrible mess and the time has come, the walrus said, to get it sorted.  I can set up a gopak table outside the shed and everything can go on there without any danger of thawing in the time it will take to get rid of all the frost and give it all a jolly good clean out.  Sadly, I expect some stuff will have to be chucked but that's my own fault, but afterwards I will be able to make much better use of what's there.

Here's yesterday's meal photos.

This was breakfast.  Just fruit and most refreshing.


Not a particularly attractive looking lunch, snapped quickly in the kitchen but it tasted great and filled me up.



Dinner was loaded with veg and it was great.
The pasta bake was onion, red pepper, mushroom, tomato, seasonings, turkey bits and wholewheat pasta spirals - and the cheese on top.













And here was dessert - just random frozen fruit really.


Today's meal plans:

B:  gingerbread porridge, kiwi and easy peeler
Breaking my self imposed 'rules' with this as it was my Twelve days of Christmas gift for yesterday.  I've scanned it and it says ten and a half syns so, bending the SW rules, I'm calling it one healthy extra B for the oats and four and a half syns for the rest.
SW:  one healthy extra B and four and a half syns

L:  cheesy pasta bake, salad; yogurt
This is the other half of yesterday's dinner.  If I'm feeling hungry or cold after sorting out the freezer, I might swap the salad for hot veg or some baked beans.
SW:  two healthy extra As and one and a half syns (because I started the onion off in butter), plus half a syn for the yogurt

D:  slow roasted fillet steak, actifry chips and, maybe, spray roasted sweet potato and/or parsnips; Spiced stewed plums and vanilla yogurt.
I treated myself to more than just one portion of a chuck of fillet steak before Christmas, in case I had to spend it alone.  It's still sitting there so I will slow roast it (it's not that slow really!) and have part tonight and part as a roast dinner tomorrow.
Also, I think I will have a go at making a mushroom and black pepper sauce, using some fat reduced crème fraiche.  I've scanned it and it's one and a half syns for a level tbsp so I guess 30 mls will be enough to make a sauce for one.
I have some plums that are going off so I'm going to stew them with a star anise and one tbsp muscavado sugar (three syns) and make some vanilla yogurt, either with vanilla essence and stevia or with some skinny syrup.  SW wisdom says that stewed fruit should be synned.  I don't!  I just syn any synnable additions.
I know it looks quite a meal but I will be very chilled after doing the freezer which is in the unheated shed, so knowing I have a hearty meal should stop me nibbling afterwards.
SW:  Three syns each for the crème fraiche and the sugar#

Body Magic:  It's going to be a very active day so that's my exercise today!

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eleven syns


1 comment:

  1. I think they'll be lovely. Nice and warming too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete