Friday 5 February 2021

Friday, 05-02-21

 Good morning.

I've been pondering this change of focus and whether I really want it.  SW focused calorie counting has its attraction but the main problem is that I then can't use all those lovely home cooked 'ready meals' in the freezer as they are labelled with SW values, not calories.

I had a trawl around Do the Unthinkable (not 'impossible' as I said yesterday), now called Goal Getters but it didn't really attract as a total programme - too many snacks, for a start.  Ditto for Body Chef which is really very expensive for what you get.  Also, it would be very hard to identify the Slimming World elements and that really is something I don't fancy abandoning.

So I started thinking closer to home.  Amongst all the other cookery books I have, there are three Pinch of Nom books and two Chubby Cubs books.  If I can't find recipes from those resources, I truly have wasted my money.  I think I won't make any major changes; the whole point of  change was to keep the interest levels high, not because I'm unhappy with how things are going.

So - I think I have decided that breakfast and lunch will be from my lengthening collection of SW friendly breakfast meals, lunches will use up some of those half portions I have frozen (which work with SW) and dinners will come from those books.  I'm looking forward to trying some new recipes.

Starting on Monday, I think, because I already have some plans and ideas for the weekend and I need to plan a bit because what I have needs to work with what I already have.

(not exactly food related but I like it!)

Yesterday's photos:

Toffee apple rice pudding was perfect for a wet February morning.  I'll post the recipe separately.
The soup for lunch was this colour because it was made from Sungolds (plus orange lentils) and, with protein noodles, kept me full until dinner time.  I added a half A of grated not-parmesan hard cheese and yum!



By the time I had made the hunter's chicken and cut the stir fry veg, I realised I had a plateful and that having chips as well was being a little piggy - so I didn't.  I'm glad I didn't because I didn't want the dessert either.
Fine by me.  :-)


Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
SW:  free/speed

L:  turkey mince and veg jalfrezi; fruit
From the freezer and quite a big portion so I won't have anything else with it apart from a dollop of natural yogurt
SW:  free/speed

D:  battered fish, chips, runner beans; yogurt ice
I will syn the fish but it's only 224 calories (or thereabouts) - one instance where SW gives a bit of a false impression really.  The chips will be SW friendly and the runner beans are part of last summer's crop.
SW:  nine syns for the fish and two syns for some oil in the actifry, plus half a syn if I have a Mullerlight yogurt.

Body Magic:  day 12 of the 100 day challenge:  I heard that there's a Mamma Mia thing on YouTube that's quite good so I will see if I can find it.

Summary
Not great from the healthy extra point of view.  Ooops.  Never mind.
eleven and a half syns

1 comment: