Thursday 25 February 2021

Thursday, 25-02-21

 Morning!
It's weigh day today and, having had a much better week this week, I am hoping to have undone some of the damage the binge caused.  I know that last week, the next day after weigh in, my weight had shot up another two or three pounds (fluid retention, I'm guessing) so I am asking a lot but we will see.

I had my vaccination yesterday but, apart from an achey arm, I feel fine (so far).  And the arm could be the results of Lindsey's work out yesterday as the other arm is a bit achey too.
Anyway - nothing to stop me going to Zoom Group this evening yet.  Fingers crossed.

Yesterday's photos:

Finally, I  had the cheesy beany mushrooms and they were lovely.  
I just had lovely, squishy tuna sandwiches for lunch and didn't bother with any salad, having an apple and a couple of strawberries afterwards.
The PoN chicken kebab recipe was absolutely gorgeous.  I didn't faff around with sticks, etc, I just marinated two thighs in the yogurt spice mixture and popped them on a baking tray for just over half an hour and wow!  So easy and so good.  
When I make this again, I think I will cut the chicken up into chunks - the marinade gives such a lovely flavour and the smaller the pieces, the more flavour.

Here's the link again.  https://pinchofnom.com/recipes/chicken-kebab/



Today's plans:

B:  poached eggs on toast
Just as it says but with added marmite on the toast, I think.
SW:  one healthy extra B for two slices of toast and two syns for spread

L:  lo dough pizza, salad; fruit
I really love this.  I have some chicken to go on top plus the usual onion, mushroom and pepper and I'll probably add pineapple too.  The sauce is a mix of ketchup, bbq sauce, mayo and tomato puree with onion granules and herbs
SW:  two syns for the lo-dough, two for the sauce and at least one healthy extra A for cheese

D:  sweet chilli salmon, vegetable couscous, runner beans; yogurt
I just use a tbsp Crucials sweet chilli sauce over the top of the salmon, wrap it in foil and bake it for fifteen minutes.  To make the couscous, I will rehydrate the couscous in boiling chicken stock before adding some spray cooked onion, mushroom, red pepper and, maybe, some petit pois
SW:  half a syn for the sweet chilli sauce and half for the dessert

Body Magic:  Day 32 of the 100 day challenge:  more allotment work today, all being well

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
seven syns


4 comments:

  1. Good luck for the weigh in. The chicken does sound lovely, I'll look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really very good. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! An unexpected result of the COVID lockdown here is...no cherry tomatoes to be had! And they really do fill out a plate so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, don't they. I have at least two kinds of cherry tomatoes planned to plant and grow this year. They are so sweet and juicy. Mmmmmm
      xx

      Delete