Monday 15 February 2021

Monday, 15-02-21

 Good morning - I mean afternoon - everyone.
Really sorry this is late.  It's been quite a busy morning what with an early shop and then digging down the allotment!

Yesterday's photos:

Breakfast was lovely toast and marmite - a bit more than usual and it seems to have sorted out the bunged up problems!  :-)
This was the roast lamb dinner and it was lovely.  I did loads of vegetables so the plate looks more loaded than it really was.

I totally forgot to photo the evening meal.  I used the leftover noodles from the chow mein, stir fried some veg, added bits of leftover lamb, some chow mein spice and some soy sauce and it was delicious!  I love a good leftovers meal.

Today's meal plans (more in retrospect than in advance now)

B:  a really naughty cheese and marmite how cross bun from M&S
I'd heard that this was a thing so, obviously, I had to, didn't I?
SW:  nine and a half syns for the bun and half a healthy extra A for some cheese triangles spread over.

And then I had another one when I got home from the allotment at midday.  Naughty me, but I'll swap it for a healthy extra B and the first one was instead of another breakfast so the calories will be fine.

L:  leftover Sunday lunch fry up
I cooked a jacket potato in the microwave.  Then I cut it up and fried the chunks with some onion in spray oil.  To that I added some leftover veg - cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower - plus the last scraps of the roast lamb and a dollop of gravy.  Lovely!
SW:  one syn for the bit of gravy

D:  jacket potato with chicken, mushroom, cheese and bacon topping, side salad; yogurt
I cooked another small potato at lunchtime so I can crisp that up in the oven while I cook the topping.  I'll serve with the potato split open, topped with the chicken, mushroom and bacon with cheese on top.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese, two syns for some mayo and half a syn for yogurt (which I might freeze)

Body Magic:  Day 22 of the 100 day challenge:  I've done ninety minutes of work down the allotment, including quite a lot of heavy digging.

Summary:
one and a half (maybe two) healthy extra As
no Bs but I did have the buns
twenty two and a half syns, but most are substitutes for other things/meals so the calories work out just fine.


3 comments:

  1. I don't know what to think about cheese & marmite hot cross buns! Did they have fruit in? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they are savoury. Much nicer toasted (as I had the second one) than cold and the flavour is good, just not - not what a hot cross bun should be. I enjoyed the two but am happy to wrap and freeze the other two for another time.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh, Laurie, you do get some very extreme weather, don't you. Where abouts are you?
    xx

    ReplyDelete