Sunday 21 February 2021

Sunday, 21-02-21

 Good morning.  Things seem to be getting on a more even keel again (hope it's not tempting fate to say this) and the last few days have gone really well.  The internal repercussions from the unwise eating seem to have finished now (phew) and I am working on getting back the good habits.

Yesterday's photos:

A tasty Saturday not-fry-up.  A shame about the egg - I forgot it for a short time and it overcooked.  No chance of getting salmonella from that egg, that's for sure.
Freezing a curry definitely improves its flavour.  This lunch was lovely!  Chinese chicken curry and stir fry veg.
Definitely one to make again now I know one portion of Mayflower sauce makes enough for two portions.


And then dinner was a sort of mild chilli with extras.  It was a delicious day's food yesterday.  The wrap 'bowl' makes it look so nice, doesn't it?
Today's plans:  a bit more complicated today today because Beth and Alex are over in the morning and are staying for the rest of the day and overnight as Beth's car and her internet are on the blink.

B:  I'll try to hold out until lunch but, if necessary, I can have an apple and an easy peeler with my coffee around eleven.
SW: speed

L:  Sunday roast - beef and all the trimmings; fruit
As Al and Beth are round, it's a great opportunity for a roast and I have one of those joints they call 'roasting'.  In other words, long, slow cooking in my useful, enamel pot.  With it, I will make some Yorkshires, roasties and, as we are a family that loves its veg, a great platter of roasted parsnips and sweet potato, carrots, broccoli, peas and corn.  Plus gravy and horseradish, of course.
No dessert - fruit is always on offer.
SW:  I think the only things that will carry calories are the Yorkshires, oil in the roasties, any gravy I have and the horseradish so I'm assuming one and a half syns for each Yorkshire, one and a half syns for oil (I don't have many roasties), two for gravy if I have any and one for horseradish.

D:  (evening meal really)  something on toast.  I'll see what Beth and Al fancy.  It could be beans, cheese, egg . . .; yogurt
I think I would like cheesy beans and it's the sort of meal where I can make different things.
SW:  assuming cheesy beans, that's one healthy extra A and one B, plus half a syn for yogurt

Body Magic:  day 28 of the 100 day challenge;  some core exercises using the resistance bands (and the door!!), maybe some rebounding too

Summary:  
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
around eight syns


2 comments:

  1. That roast dinner sounds delicious. We love a good roast with plenty of veg.

    ReplyDelete