Tuesday 9 February 2021

Tuesday 09-02-21

 Good morning!
One recipe that's doing the rounds of vlogs and sites at the moment is pizza pasta bake.  Yum, thought I, sounds good, so I investigated,  I was surprised to see that, actually, it is really what I call and have called for decades 'Savoury mince pasta bake'.  Nothing new about it at all.  I really should have patented it back then, shouldn't I?  

Ditto with a number of these 'new' recipes - I suppose the saying 'nothing new under the sun' is as true where food is concerned as it is about many other things.

Yesterday went loads better than Sunday and, perfect timing, the new SW magazine is out.  As we can't meet in group face to face right now and as in the first lockdown, they have brought it out online, free to all current and target members.  Excellent.  I do find it quite motivating with it's articles, menu plans and recipes.  One of the things that has always attracted me to SW is the recipes and focus on making it yourself.  

Yesterday's meal photos:

No breakfast - just didn't want anything.

Lunch may have sounded like an odd mix but it was delicious  Loads of vegetables and I dressed the salad very simply with balsamic vinegar.
I'm glad I have another SlimWell smoky chicken in the freezer.  I think it's really nice and, doing two portions with plenty of chicken as it does, is great value.


A lovely, veggie packed dinner and the spice mix was good although coverage was uneven.  That was my fault though.

I didn't want any dessert.





Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit, maybe yogurt:
Trying to keep to small but filling breakfasts for a few days.

L:  bacon (and maybe egg) roll or sandwich, salad; fruit
I've been a bit naughty with my healthy extras so this is an attempt to get back on track.  And I like it!  Thinking about it, I might make it a BLT instead of using egg.  I'll decide nearer the time.
SW:  one healthy extra B, two syns for some spread, one for some mayo.

D:  pizza, fries and salad; yogurt
After saying I never would, I have decided to try out some Lo Dough, using a discount code to buy.  I have no idea whether I will like it and I know it won't be the same as proper dough, but I thought it worth a try.  I'll top it with ham, veg and (sorry) pineapple.
SW:  two syns for the dough, one and a half healthy extra As and half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:

Summary:
two healthy extra As (the other half is for milk)
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns


About Lo Dough.
On the packaging it says 'Lo Dough is a versatile gluten free, low calories ingredient made from protein and fibre'.
It can be used as a pizza base, as a pastry crust, in hot sandwiches and in breakfast recipe - it says - and there are recipes on its site.

And, probably, it tastes and feel like cardboard!!  No, it doesn't say that!  I'm happy to give it a whirl and see - have any of you tried this product?


No comments:

Post a Comment