Tuesday 16 February 2021

Tuesday, 16-02-21

 Good morning, everyone.  Back to normal times today, although I will be trotting down to the allotment in a little while.  If it is too sticky-muddy, I will do a bit of collecting some horse manure from the communal area but I am really hoping that I can do some more forking over as well.  Great exercise!

Yesterday's photos:

Breakfast was a cheese and marmite 'hot cross bun' and I didn't take any photos so here's one I have borrowed from Google Images although personally I think it's quite marmite-y enough without adding any more!

(Wish I could take photos like that)

Lunch was leftovers, apart from the potato.  I know it looks like a dog's dinner but actually it was really tasty.
Dinner was the other (rather small) jacket potato topped with onion, chicken, bacon and mushroom and finished off with grated cheddar plus a nice, big salad.

I had no room for the yogurt I'd planned for dessert.




Today's meal plans:

B:  fruity pancakes with yogurt
It has to be, doesn't it, seeing as today is Shrove Tuesday/Pancake day.  I may add blueberries to the mix, seeing as I bought some yesterday.
SW:  one healthy extra B for 40g wholemeal flour (I know that's a big tweak but one can have that much fibre in bread for a B so I'm just being pragmatic!).  The rest is speed or free.

L:   chicken and veg casserole/soup; fruit
This is from the freezer and the sauce is a little thin so I can either thicken it by adding some pasta and letting the starch thicken or, more likely, treat it as a soup instead.
SW:  one syn (it says so on the container!)

D:  sweet chilli salmon; chargrilled med veg, side salad; rice pudding
I got the chargrilled vegetables in M&S yesterday and, as they are SW free, I will use a tsp of toasted sesame oil to roast them.
SW:  one syn for some Crucials sweet chilli sauce, two syns for oil and one healthy extra A for the milk in the rice pudding (plus a bit of milk for cuppas)

Body Magic:  Day 23 of the 100 day challenge: more digging down the allotment

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
four syns



2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have thought of putting marmite on a hot cross bun but now I am intrigued. We are marmite lovers so it might be an option for breakfast tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a normal hot cross bun, it's a savoury one. I should think it would be horrible on a normal, sweet one.
      xx

      Delete