Sunday 14 February 2021

Sunday, 14-02-21

 Good morning!

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast was brilliant.  Two eggs, whisked and made into a thin omelette.  Two bacon medallions, sliced mushroom and tomatoes, cooked in the same pan after the omelette had been taken out, spread on the omelette and rolled up inside it.
The beans heated in the microwave and I added some watercress, partly for extra speed and partly because I like it!

Afterwards I felt full, satisfied and warmed up inside.  It was great.


Lunch was the SlimWell chicken chow mein.  It was - OK.  Plenty of chicken for one, just about enough veg but noodles galore.  The sauce was a bit tasteless but better with a good splash of soy sauce.  I don't think I will buy it again; I can make it so much nicer myself.

I saved some noodles for tomorrow.
Dinner was lovely.  The Chinese curry was made with Mayflower curry sauce, spray fried onion, pepper and mushroom, cubed sweet potato from the freezer and I added some frozen mango at the last moment on impulse and it worked really well.

The egg fried rice was cooked rice, some frozen stir fry veg, a tsp toasted sesame oil and a seasoning made with five spice, garlic, ginger and soy sauce.

I am delighted to say that there was enough of each left for another meal so in the freezer it has gone!

The custard did make a lovely ice cream but it froze too quickly and erratically in the machine as the mixture was quite thin.  I will try again another time but do it the conventional, long winded way - start freezing and then blend several times.  Worth it for a delicious syn free dessert (and a way to use up a healthy extra A)

Today's meal plans:

B:  marmite on toast, fruit
I'm going to have an extra slice of wholemeal (gasp) because I need the fibre.  There are repercussions to not having enough healthy extra B and I have missed it a few times recently!  Swapping an A for a B won't dent the calories.
SW:  one and a half healthy extra Bs and three syns for spread

L:  Roast lamb, etc; strawberry and rhubarb crumble and custard
An off plan meal as Beth and Alex are round and it's the first time Al has been here since Christmas.  He's now been home and isolating for fourteen days so we can be sure he is infection free.
The crumble is from the freezer and is a proper crumble with naughty sugar but I will make the custard using skinny syrup because it works and I rather like it that way!
DSW:  no idea but I will get some healthy extra A in the custard!  The main should be fine but dessert might break the syn bank, depending on how much I have

D:  Chinese chicken and veg noodles, salad leaves; yogurt
I'm using up the noodles left over from yesterday, adding some chicken, Chinese stir fry vegetables and some chow mein spice mix with soy sauce.  That should give the flavour some ooomph!  And no waste.
SW:  the whole chow mein was two syns but I paid that yesterday so I won't bother.  Dessert will be half a syn.

Body Magic:  Day 21 of the 100 day challenge

Summary:
An off plan meal so I can't say.  Back on it tomorrow!


3 comments:

  1. Have a lovely time with Beth and Alex. Give them an extra hug just because you can. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - we can but we have agreed not to for now. The time will come when we are happy to hugs again, I am sure.
      xx

      Delete