Tuesday 23 February 2021

Tuesday, 24-02-21

 Good morning!
Really sorry, still no photos.  I just forget when I have people round, even when I know they won't mind at all.  I'll be back to normal this evening as Beth and Alex will be home again.  Having them round hasn't caused any SW problems.  They've been happy to have whatever I am having so I've been able to stick to plan very nicely.

Breakfast was just an apple rather than the mushroom thing.  I'll have that today instead.
Lunch was a good bowlful of the SW not-Heinz tomato soup which is absolutely delicious and so very easy to make.  Two cans of chopped tomatoes, one can of baked beans, one can of carrot (and the water), one stock cube, onion (I didn't have any pickled onions which is what it's supposed to be), stock cube, seasonings and water.  Chuck it all in together, simmer for 30 mins and blend down.   It fed Beth, Alec and me with another large bowlful for the freezer.
Dinner was some Mayflower curry sauce with leftovers from Sunday dinner thrown in.  It was so easy; I made up the sauce (six syns altogether) and then added the cubes beef and the vegetables cut into chunks plus some pineapple (just because . . .).  Alex and I had it with some egg fried rice (three syns the lot) and some reheated broccoli and it was so delicious.  AND - there's a portion in the freezer for another time.  Each portion was around three syns.


Today's plans:

B:  the cheesy beany mushrooms planned yesterday
SW:  one healthy extra A

L:  cheesy jacket potato with tuna, salad; fruit
I'm still feeding Beth and Alex and this is something we can all have.  Beth might have beans instead as she can't have tuna, being vegetarian.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese, up to two syns for mayo to mix with the tuna

D:  M&S Count on Us fish pie, assorted veg; yogurt
When I was doing my veg shopping yesterday, I saw this reduced so grabbed it.  I can syn it so I will but it's good in calories - three hundred and something.
SW:  seven and a half syns for the fish pie and half a syn for the yogurt

Body Magic:  Day 30 of the 100 day challenge;  weather permitting, more allotment digging, weeding, etc.  I did 90 mins yesterday - brilliant exercise.

Summary:  
two healthy extra As
no Bs (but potato skin and plenty of veg)
ten syns (but the fish pie is instead of, not as well as - in other words, syns but not more calories)


1 comment:

  1. For me, it's a big strategy. Keep it varied and colourful. I do enjoy pottering in the kitchen and that helps a lot.
    xx

    ReplyDelete