Wednesday 3 February 2021

Wednesday, 03-02-21

 Morning.
As I've mentioned before, I follow a number of vlogs on youtube that focus on losing weight, some on SW, some on WW and some counting calories.
Almost without exception, one of their 'meals' is 'evening snacks' and those evening snacks are almost entirely chocolate based with the occasional piece of fruit or bag of crisps.

I am not feeling superior in any way, believe me, not a chance, but I am so glad I have trained myself to not eat after the evening meal because I know the evening snack habit would be my downfall.  I am filled with admiration about how they can have a drawer or tin full of snacks and not go bananas with them.  If I had them available, I'd eat them, I am sure.  It's one of the things I have to beware of and manage by just not buying them - I don't love chocolate, it's OK but not a favourite, but I find it rather addictive and triggering.

Am I the only slimmer in the country who has never had a 'Skinny Whip' or a 'Skinny Crunch', I wonder?  Do you manage to have choccy (or crispy) snacks without sabotage?

Yesterday's meals:

A lovely, savoury breakfast.  Marmite and baked beans do go well together.
A terrible photo but it's the only one I took so it'll have to do.  It was 100% nicer than it looks, believe me!
It was a simple cooked mince base to which I added pepper, mushroom and some cooked mixed vegetables, 4g (dry weight) wholewheat pasta and some cheese on top.  One healthy extra A for the cheese and the rest was SW free.
Dinner looks a huge plateful but most of it is speedy vegetables and I enjoyed every last bit.  No room for a dessert afterwards, mind you!

Today's meal plans

B:  bacon and egg muffin, tomatoes on the side
I love a wholemeal muffin but if you're doing SW strictly, check on the app as not all wholemeal muffins count as a B choice
SW:  one healthy extra B, half an A (for 15g grated cheese) and half a syn for a tbsp bbq sauce (Crucials)

L:  two slices of bubble and squeak; leftover baked beans from yesterday, maybe a poached egg on top; fruit
The bubble and squeak slices are from the freezer, made just after Christmas and these are the last two.
SW:  one syn for cheese in the bubble and squeak.

D:  meatballs in a spicy tomato and veg sauce; protein noodles; yogurt ice
I intend loading the sauce up with vegetables - onion, pepper, mushrooms and so on plus chopped tomatoes, of course.  The meatballs are from the freezer.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt, if I use a Mullerlight one and let's allow two syns for sauces such as sweet chilli or bbq sauce in the meatball sauce, plus one syn for the meatballs themselves

Body Magic:  day 9 of the 100 day challenge:  personal training

Summary:
two healthy extra As (the rest is milk for cuppas)
one healthy extra B
five syns

3 comments:

  1. A snack drawer would just keep snacks in my brain all the time! I'm an abstainer, not a moderator, far easier for me to do without something try to limit the amount I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So like me. We have to work with what we are, don't we.
      xx

      Delete
  2. That was lucky. Not a helpful habit to start.
    Good for you. xx

    ReplyDelete