Saturday 13 February 2021

Saturday, 13-02-21

 Good morning.

Yesterday's food:
I didn't take a photo of breakfast which was just fruit and I totally forgot about snapping lunch so please imagine beans on toast!

Dinner went down a real treat.  A nice big steak and more chips than I ought to have had but not to worry, it was all very SW friendly and I enjoyed it very much as a Friday evening treat!




Today's meal plans:  yesterday was Chinese New Year so today some of my plans have a Chinese sort of feel - not in any way authentic, mind you!

B:  a breakfast wrap.
I will make an egg wrap and roll it up with beans left over from yesterday, bacon and mushrooms with some fried tomatoes on the side.  Or maybe roll it up with bacon, mushroom and tomatoes with baked beans on the side.  I'll see how I feel.   :-)
SW:  all speed and free

L:  chicken chow mein; fruit
This is another Slimwell mean so goodness knows but I have it, I know they are filling, I know there will probably be enough left for another lunch so let's give it a go!
SW:  two syns if I have the lot

D:  Chinese chicken curry, rice, stirfry veg; yogurt
I'm going to use the Mayflower chicken curry mix for the sauce and it does taste Chinese curry-ish.  30g of the powder costs four syns and I will use onion, mushroom, red pepper, sweet potato and chicken plus some stir fry Chinese veg on the side - or maybe with the rice to make a sort of stir fry rice - that would be nice.  That's the best I can do at being Chinese-y!
SW:  four syns for the curry sauce plus half a syn for yogurt

Body Magic:  Day 20 of the 100 day's of exercise and I'm afraid I fell short yesterday - didn't do any.  Never mind, back on it today with some YouTube clips.

Summary:
no healthy extras but see below
six and a half syns

I'm going to try this.  I know that Thermione makes a very nice pouring crème anglais with milk, egg yolks and skinny syrup flavouring.  
So - 250 mls of milk for an A choice, plus four medium egg yolks and some vanilla skinny syrup (or any flavour really) and eight to ten minutes in Thermione on 80 with the whisk blade reverse speed 2 (if you have a thermo, you will know what I mean there) and it should make a nice pouring custard.  If I then chill it, maybe I could churn it into a sort of ice cream.
Worth a try anyway.  I'll let you know.


7 comments:

  1. Wwll, we learn by experimenting don't we? The custard ice cream sounds lovely. I'm trying homemade crumpets today for the first time - well, crumpet singular...one giant one as I don't have any crumpet rings. We'll see how it goes...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only problem I ever have with crumpets is getting them out of the ring - otherwise, simple and they are absolutely delicious as well. Hope your giant crumpet goes well!
      xx

      Delete
  2. < grin > Lovely stuff, so delicious!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the Mayflower curry but made it too thick. and it wasn't very nice. I really like Chinese curry flavour though so maybe I should give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did make up thick and I added more water. By the time I had added it to the chicken and the vegetables and let the whole lot simmer gently (covered) for longer than I planned (I forgot it was on!), it was really nice. Adding some cubes of mango (as an afterthought) worked so very well and the end result was really delicious. And the 30gs-worth of powder ended up making two portions.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Love Mayflower curry sauce, so handy and do cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great value, isn't it? I also have some of the southern style gravy mix but I haven't made that yet!
      xx

      Delete