Friday 12 February 2021

Friday, 12-02-21

 Morning, everyone. 
Well you could have knocked me down with a healthy extra yesterday when I got on those scales and I had maintained.  I tried several times, just to be certain.  I'm baffled - sometimes I deserve to gain but haven't and sometimes I've done the right thing all week and find I've gained!   Very strange but no complaints from me, I will take what comes.  It does feel like a lifeline though, a real re-motivator.

Mind you - two weeks of maintaining . . . not great, time to give a bit more of a push.

Yesterday's photos:

This was a jolly good breakfast for a morning when it was as cold as the last ice age and my boiler decided to go on the blink for a couple of hours!
The lo dough made an OK 'pastry' case for the pasty but only just OK and I won't use it like that again.  Pizzas are much better.
It was good and filling though.

Next try is as a quiche case.


I sorted out the healthy extra A with a little lump of cheese to nibble later on in the afternoon.
And the Slimwell meal for dinner was also OK but I doubt I'll be buying it again, I didn't like it enough for that.  I find that in a lot of these ready meals, the herbs and spices are - well, maybe 'crude' is the best term.  Perhaps they are just not to my taste.  Also, often, they are too sweet and too much synthetic sweetener is not nice.  It's fine if the sweetness comes from fruit but not when it comes from synthetic sweetener of some kind.

There's a bit left over for a snack tomorrow, if wanted, too little to freeze.  I'll see how I feel



Today's meal plans:  I'm sticking to good old tried and trusted traditional things today!

B:  fruit and yogurt
SW:  speed/free

L:  cheesy beans on toast; fruit
A favourite for lunch on a cold day, I know this will go down a treat and fill me up too.
SW:  one healthy extra A, one B and two syns for spread

D:  steak, chips, salad; yogurt
A nice, traditional favourite and a Friday evening treat.
SW:  two syns for oil, one for some mayo, half for dessert

Body magic:  day 19 of the hundred day challenge, a Leslie Sansone walk video and maybe another You Tube video of some kind - I have several saved as favourites now.

Summary:
one healthy extra A plus a bit more for milk
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the maintain, a nice surprise for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, thanks very much Sooze. xx

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I don't feel like having a breakfast but usually I have something really nice.
    When possible, I have it at around eleven so I suppose it's really more a brunch.
    You're right, I do enjoy breakfasts
    xx

    ReplyDelete