Tuesday 2 February 2021

Tuesday, 02-02-21

 Good morning.
I don't know if it is the dull weather or what, but I'm craving a meaty day today so, as it works with Slimming World, I'm going to indulge it rather than fight it.  No point engaging in battle if I don't have to!  :-)

Yesterday's meals looked like this . . .

A very tasty breakfast omelette
. . . and an equally yummy pitta pizza for lunch.  That's one Linda McCartney sausage on top - not looking very pretty but tasting great, all the same.

Another not terribly exciting photo of curry and rice - but it was good, all the same.

Today's plans:

B:  beans on toast; apple
. . . or, maybe, scrambled eggs on toast.  I'll see which I fancy when it's time
SW:  one healthy extra B for the toast and two syns for some spread

L:  beefaroni; fruit
That's what our group consultant, Jen, calls it.  Basically it's a cheesy mince pasta bake but I will use some pre-cooked mince 'base' (no specific flavourings added) and jazz it up with some extra veg and maybe some spice, mix in some cooked wholewheat pasta and top with cheese, baking it in the oven or under the grill to melt the cheese.  The extra veg should bulk it out nicely and make me feel I'm having more than I really am!
I always weigh my rice and pasta before cooking it - I know you don't have to on SW but I like to know.  It's all too  to have a bit more and a bit more and before I know it, I'm having way too much.  I do love pasta and rice!
SW:  the mince is free, as is the pasta, the cheese is one healthy extra A

D:  chunky steak casserole, rice, assorted veg; rice pudding
An easy, trouble free meal.  The hardest part will be opening the can!!
It's the rest of the pouch of rice I opened yesterday;  I'll have three or maybe four kinds of veg (most likely sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots), thoroughly reheat the rice, heat up an M&S can of chunky steak and there you go!
SW:  the steak is free, the rice is one syn, the veg will be speed and the rice pudding will be part of an A (for the milk).

Body Magic:  day 9 of the 100 day challenge:  a YouTube step 'class'.
This seems to be going OK.  I can't say it's particularly exciting but I'm not having to make myself do it . . . yet!

Summary:
two healthy extra As (the rest of the second A - 80 mls - is milk for teas)
one healthy extra B
three syns



1 comment: