Sunday 7 February 2021

Sunday, 07-02-21

Good morning.  Hasn't it turned cold?  It has here, anyway.  I shall have to be careful today - cold = more calories wanted.  No snow yet though which is mildly disappointing.

Photos from yesterday:

This was a good breakfast for after an early morning shop.  Not too heavy but filling, all the same.  The fruit was just kiwi as I seem to have several quite squishy ones at the moment.
As often happens, the leftovers were more tasty than the original meal - or maybe I was just hungry!  Chicken saag and cauliflower rice.


Later on I nibbled on three babybels for my other healthy extra A  No B today.
The PoN honey and lime salmon was dead easy and really nice.  I did two pieces of salmon, keeping the second one for  today.
I made the couscous by rehydrating a quarter cup of couscous in the usual way but with some chicken stock powder and garlic granules.  I softened onion, red pepper and mushroom in fry light before adding peas and corn to just defrost.  I mixed the veg into the couscous and covered it until needed.  Just before heating and serving, I tipped in what was left of the salmon marinade and some chopped pineapple.  It was really nice and I also have some of that for today as well - keeping an eye on my portions.
For dessert, I mashed a soft banana I found with some natural yogurt, some peanut butter cup skinny syrup and just a bit of sweetener before tipping it into the little ice-cream maker.  Half an hour later and it was gorgeous!
If I was a Very Good SW Girl, I would have to syn the banana because I had mashed it (how daft is that) but I'm not so I didn't.  It makes no difference anyway because |I was well down on my syns for the day but I don't - on principle, really.

Today's plans:

B:  porridge, fruit and yogurt
I have some honey Greek yogurt that needs using so I'll happily pay a few syns for it.  Not sure about what fruit, I'll decide when the time comes.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for 125 mls semi skimmed milk, one B for 40g oats and two syns for the yogurt

L:  salmon, loaded veg couscous and salad; fruit
I know it's a cold and nasty day but I really, really fancy some salad, having bought fresh stuff yesterday.  I may heat up the salmon and the couscous, we will see how I feel.
SW:  all speed or free because I 'paid the half a syn for honey yesterday.

D:  roast lamb, roasties, sprouts, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli, gravy; yogurt ice (I am loving yogurt ice)
I'm so looking forward to this.  It's a real treat as lamb is so expensive that I rarely buy it but, just this once, I am going to really enjoy it.
SW:  two syns for some oil and two for bisto for gravy.  I'll have to look up the mint sauce.  Half a syn if I use flavoured yogurt

Body Magic:  day 14 of the 100 day challenge; an Abba one mile walk, some rebounding and, maybe, salsacise.  It depends if I need to warm up!

Summary:
one healthy extra A (the other half is for milk in cups of tea)
one healthy extra B
six and a half syns plus whatever the mint sauce is


1 comment: