Saturday 6 February 2021

Saturday, 06-02-21

 Good morning.
Well, I had a lot of fun trawling through my recipe books and identifying recipes I can make without needing to get much, if anything, in.  I now have quite a long list so - spoilt for choice.

Thinking back, an issue that has arisen again is that of portion control.  It's just too easy to have a little but more of this or that and before you know it, you're having too much.  All it takes is to be aware.  So I intend to be more aware.


Yesterday's photos:

A bit of a green fruit salad as the persimmon I had intended to use was - er - a bit over, shall we say.  In the end it consisted of an orange, an apple, a pear and a kiwi and it was lovely and refreshing.
Not terribly exciting to look at but lunch was delicious.  Loaded with veg, even if you can't see them much, and just the right amount of spice.




I was a bit peckish around four so sorted out one of my healthy A choices with three babybel lights.

As for dinner - good old fish and chips that went down a treat.  Frozen runner beans may not be quite as good as fresh picked but they are still very tasty and it's great to have that summer flavour in the depths of winter.

I also had a yogurt ice, made with my new toy, the personal ice cream maker.


Today's food:

B:  rice pudding and fruit
The third of four portions of rice pud I made last week and froze.  I'll probably get some fruit out of the freezer - pineapple and mango would be nice.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the milk in the rice pudding plus 80 mls of milk for cups of tea.

L:  chicken saag with cauliflower rice; fruit
The other half of the Slimwell meal I had some days ago.  I'm looking forward to it.
SW:  one syn for the chicken saag

D:  honey and lime salmon, vegetable loaded couscous, runner beans; yogurt
The salmon is from Pinch of Nom while the couscous is my own concoction, containing onion, mushroom, pepper, peas and corn and 'cooked' with some vegetable stock powder of flavour.  I cooked plenty of runner beans last night so I had some left over for today.
SW:  one syn for honey and half for dessert

Body Magic:  day 13 of the 100 day challenge:  I had a brisk walk yesterday in the end, but I did find a couple of Abba workouts, both of which look quite good, so I'll sample one today.

Summary:
Low on healthy extras but I will probably have some sort of bread and cheese thingy at around four o'clock - sandwich/toastie/whatever.  That will account for them.
two and a half syns

5 comments:

  1. An ice cream maker is one gadget that I would use a lot. I bet home made is far nicer than anything that you could buy in the shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it really is, so much nicer, even a simple thing like a fruit yogurt. Mind you, I tried rice pudding in it and - no! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Fish and chips....can't beat it! Salmon is a favourite too. I have lost my SW mojo and am thinking that I may just call it a day temporarily. £5.65 for a zoom meeting seems a waste of money. I feel annoyed that the price has gone up when they're not paying to hire premises. Also I can no longer access the app as my phone is quite old and so is my iPad so can't even get the free magazine. I'm not really as grumpy as I sound!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very understandable and I totally understand your feelings. Maybe you need a complete change of focus for a while. Not accessing the mag or being able to use the app is the pits. I think you need to go with your feelings for a while.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I'm going to calorie count, Joy. I will likely return when it's back to normal (whatever and whenever that might be)!

    ReplyDelete