Saturday 27 February 2021

Saturday, 27-02-21

 Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday's photos.

Due to lack of time, I had to change breakfast.  I'd planned pancakes but they take time to make so I just had blueberries, strawberries and yogurt.  It was delicious but I was rushing around so didn't remember to take a photo, sorry.

Lunch was the M&S Count on Us chicken mushroom and red wine sauce and it also had cabbage and spring onion mash.
Surprisingly, it was quite nice.  The sauce was flavoursome although a bit short on the actual mushroom, there was a reasonable portion of chicken and the mash wasn't watery, although there wasn't much cabbage or spring onion in sight.
With the broccoli added, it made a tasty lunch for under 350 calories.  I might very well get that again, especially if it's yellow sticker reduced (as this was).
Dinner was nice too although I think I should have added a but more something to the sauce as it was a fraction on the dry side.  I did set aside some pasta water to add but totally forgot - that would probably have helped.



Today's meal plans:

B:  toffee apple porridge
I will flavour this with some of my apple pie spice mix, caramel skinny syrup and some grated apple with sliced apple on top.  Should be nice!
SW:  half a healthy extra A for milk, one healthy extra B and I'm not synning the apple

L:  chicken pate with lo dough crispy triangles and salad fingers; fruit
I have some cooked chicken to use up so I am going to zizz it up with some mayo and some seasonings to make a sort of pate.  I have a piece of lo dough to use up from the pack I opened the other day and I have read that you can roll it out a bit more, cut it into triangles, spray it with oil, sprinkle it with seasonings and bake it to crunchy in the oven.  I will give that a go and see how it works.
SW:  two syns for the lo dough and probably one for mayo in the pate, maybe one and a half.

D:  chicken based pizza, chips, side salad; yogurt
To make this, you hammer out a chicken fillet between pieces of cling film or parchment until good and thin (or butterfly it), fry it to colour it, then pop it on an oven tray and , cover it with pizza ingredients and bake it until the chicken is cooked and the cheese melted.
It's a SW recipe, on the site.  If you have access, you can find it here.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese, maybe one and a half as I could, two syns for oil for the chips and half for the yogurt

Body Magic:  Day 34 of the 100 day challenge; allotment work (surprise!!)

Summary:
one and a half to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six syns

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that chicken pizza sounds tasty. Yesterday I spread some pork shoulder steaks with pesto and covered them with foil before baking in the oven alongside some parsnip chips, I took the foil off for the last ten minutes and it was a really tasty meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely too. Parsnips roast beautifully, I think. Alex always asks for them when he comes to dinner.
      xx

      Delete