Friday 26 February 2021

Friday, 26-02-21

 Good morning.
I lost two pounds this last week so that's sorted out not only last week's gain but also the gain the day after weigh day.  I'm very happy with that.

I'm also happy with what came in the post today!  Because I'm out of target range, I have to pay again, so I have just taken out a Countdown - pay for five weeks and get week six free.  This time it carried a freebie - the latest SW recipe book.  Lovely!


I will enjoy reading through this one.

Yesterday's photos:

Breakfast was poached eggs on marmite toast and I added a tomato, really just for extra colour as though it, the meal can look quite dreary.
Adding the marmite to the toast before popping on the eggs was definitely a Good Thing and something I will do again.  I love marmite!


Oh, this was good !  Just what I needed after allotment time.  Mmmmmmm.

A simple, straight forward dinner.  I made the couscous in advanced and reheated it in the microwave.  The salmon I baked in the oven with another piece of salmon and one tbsp sweet chilli sauce for both, wrapped in foil.  It takes around fifteen minutes if the oven is already hot, around twenty if starting with a cold oven.  The runners were just boiled.

No room for anything else.

Today's plans:

B:  Blueberry pancakes with strawberries and yogurt
The usual pancake recipe, a SW cheat counting the wholemeal flour as a B choice.
SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  M&S Count on us chicken in mushroom and red wine sauce, extra veg
I've looked this up and it is six syns or three hundred and something calories - fine for a lunch.
SW:  six syns

D:  cheesy salmon pasta, side salad; yogurt
I've adapted this from a recipe in my new book (see above) called cheese triangle carbonara.  It's adapted because I don't have all the ingredients and I do have a piece of cooked salmon that needs using up.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for 37g primula light and another half for 15g not-parmesan, plus half a syn for the yogurt.  I think that's it.

Body Magic:  day 33 of the 100 day challenge:  More digging guess where.

Summary:
one healthy extra A - might be more if I need more cheese in the pasta for dinner
one healthy extra B
six and a half syns


3 comments:

  1. You've put me in the mood for pasta, think I'll jiggle the menu plan and make something tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to eat a lot of pasta but I think I enjoy it even more now that I don't have it nearly so often. I hope you enjoy it tonight.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I think there's a lot of similarities between the two programmes. SW suits me but I know it doesn't suit everyone and it's easy to mis-apply the programme so it doesn't work as well as it should.
    For example, just because pasta is 'unlimited', it doesn't mean you can totally fill your plate and just because you can have up to fifteen syns, it doesn't mean that you HAVE to and you don't HAVE to spend them on snacks, most of which are unhealthy.
    MY approach is to eat a healthy balance and SW is a great structure for that but I guess WW would too. Common sense application is the name of the game really.
    Good luck!
    xx

    ReplyDelete