Saturday 20 February 2021

Saturday, 20-02-21

 Good morning!  More weight on this morning - water retention, I expect.  Ho hum.   Anyway, I have determined that I will try not to worry about things I can't control and work on the things I can control.  Easy to say, now to put it into practise - again!!  Some things I just have to learn over and over and over!

Yesterday's meals:  a more colourful day.


I decided to turn the fruit and yogurt into a smoothie;  half a very ripe mango, some strawberries, a kiwi and a pear, some Greek yogurt, some coconut skinny syrup and a splash of water to slacken it a bit and it was lovely!


Smoothies are not beloved by Slimming World.  One is supposed to syn blended fruit.  I do not!  😊

This was a tasty toastie but the lo dough is pretty tasteless and I think I'd prefer to use a healthy extra B or pay more syns for a better 'wrapper'  The taco spiced beans were lovely!  Must get some more.


The breaded fish worked beautifully - I must do that again rather than using bought breaded fish at nine syns, or whatever it is.  The calories are probably not so different but doing it myself is much better value and just as nice.

I'm nearly out of frozen fish so must remember to put it on my next shopping list.


Today's meal plans

B:  bacon, egg, mushroom, tomato, 'fried' bread
Just a cooked breakfast.  I'll happily pay one and a half syns for half a slice of bread - I do love fried bread (just spray some frylight onto the bread and brown it in the pan) with egg on top
SW:  one and a half syns for the bread

L:  Chinese chicken curry and stir fry rice; fruit
I made the curry and rice a couple of weeks ago and it was enough for two portions so in the freezer it went.  The sauce carries syns as it was Mayflower curry sauce
SW:  two syns for the curry sauce; the rest is all free on Slimming World

D:  chilli con carne in a wrap bowl, salad; yogurt
You can make a bowl or 'boat' with a wrap to hold a chilli or other nice, spicy mixture so I thought I would dress my dinner up with one.  You can just drape a wrap over a pyrex bowl and then bake it crisp in the oven but I have a mould that works really well.
The chilli is some savoury mince from the freezer mixed with the rest of the taco spiced beans I opened yesterday plus any random veg I fancy adding, topped with some grated cheese and with some nice cooling yogurt and a salad as sides.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the wrap, one healthy extra A for cheese and half a syn if I have a Mullerlight (or equivalent) yogurt.  I think the rest is free

Body Magic:  day 27 of the 100 day challenge; the sun is shining and I'm off down the allotment later on to get on with the heavy digging.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
four syns



2 comments:

  1. I always have some frozen fish fillets in the freezer as I find they are an easy and economical emergency meal. I'm having that tonight, as it happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, such a useful thing to have. I didn't realise I was quite so low. I hope you enjoyed your meal.
      xx

      Delete