Friday 10 December 2021

Friday, 10-12-21: Festive challenge day 10

  Good morning!
Weigh in today and it will be horrendous after such an off plan week.  I just hope I grow out of needing to scoff whenever 'Dad things' happen.  I understand, I'm not blaming myself exactly, I'm just frustrated, I suppose.  I get so far and then self sabotage.  There's no chance of getting back to target range before Christmas now.

Oh, well, that's life.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast was a few nibbles at Chris' over coffee and chat so it didn't start off well, although I had planned for this.

The toastie was really delicious - stilton, turkey and cranberry.  I used a small turkey steak, carefully sliced in through to give two thinner slices and then just dry fried until cooked through.  It worked fine.

I am cross that I just forgot to photograph dinner because the sweet potato gratin worked very well in the slow cooker and I just lifted it out of the slow cooker and popped it beside the sausages on a baking tray to reheat and brown up as the sausages cooked.  Really nice and it would also be great with cheese added or using other root veg, like some parsnips.

Today's plans:

B:  Joanne's roulade with mincemeat filling
Joanne is a vlogger who I follow and she posted this idea a week or so ago.  I thought I would give it a go and see how it works.
Here's the link to the post:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivipQVqEFtA&t=1s
SW:  two tbsp mincemeat is four syns and the rest is free

L:  beans on toast; fruit
I have some baked beans in the fridge that simply MUST be eaten today.  I'm not sure how one can make beans on toast Christmassy - any ideas?
SW:  half a healthy extra B (one slice toast)

D:  steak, chips and veg; yogurt
A favourite dinner and I expect I will need consolation after the weigh in!
SW:  I will have some of my caramelised onion chutney on the steak for one and a half syns and the rest is free

E:  a walk

Summary:
half a healthy extra B
five and a half syns


From the freezer:
bread
steak
veg


2 comments:

  1. I could just eat that toastie now, my tinned soup wasn't very appetising! I really like your new header. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very tasty! Definitely doing that again before the stilton runs out!
      It's nice and bright, isn't it. that header. I'm glad you like it.
      xx

      Delete