Saturday 4 December 2021

Saturday, 04-12-21: Festive Challenge day 4

 Good morning!
At weigh in yesterday it was half a pound on which was not deserved but there you go!  I think I did well not to scoff stuff after that but I didn't, so that's good.
As Jen pointed out, there's a very noticeable pattern to it all - three weeks losing and then one week either maintaining or a small gait.  I'd blame hormones but I'm too old for that!  :-)
Anyway - it's not a problem.  I refuse to let it be a problem!

Today is the first of the off plan meals as it's Christmas Tree Day.  A family tradition - up goes
 the Christmas tree with help from daughter and grandson and then out comes the buffet, the alcohol and the Christmas DVDs.
We used to have this the weekend before Christmas but now it is the first weekend in December instead.  We get to enjoy the tree for longer.
It's just the one meal and breakfast and lunch will be very careful.  

Yesterday's meals:

The mince pie baked oats both smelled and tasted absolutely fantastic.  Very delicious and I'm going to do it again, maybe as little 'cakes' next time.

Nothing to do with the weigh in, truly, but I simply wasn't hungry at lunch time so I just gave it a miss.  Everything was prepped so I'll tuck it all away and use another time - it won't be wasted.

I just had an apple a bit later in the afternoon.

OK, for anyone who read earlier, the photo function seems OK now.

So this was dinner and the citrus crumb topping for the fish was absolutely delicious although next time I will use proper breadcrumbs, not lo-dough crumbs which were too insubstantial.
Very beige as I couldn't be bothered with veg, naughty me)


Today's meal plans:

B:  Fruit and yogurt 
I could make this Christmassy by adding some appropriate skinny syrup to the yogurt and having orange wedges, couldn't I!
SW:  all speed and free

L:  tomato and red pepper soup; fruit
Just a simple concoction of canned tomatoes, roasted red peppers from a jar, onion, stock and some seasonings of choice, boiled up, blended down and pushed through a sieve for maximum smoothness.
It certainly comes up a great Christmas colour!
SW:  speed and free, no syns

D:  Christmas Tree Day buffet
Naughty but very, very nice.
SW:  ooops!

E:  heavy carrying from garage to house, lots of bending and stretching . . .

Summary:
unknown today 


From the freezer: 
the soup
all sorts of other things, none of them very SW friendly.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. It does sound like an hormonal pattern. You do still have all the hormones but just at levels too low to trigger ovulation. Claudia often advises that people look at seed cycling for hormonal issues but I'm not sure that would apply in your case or how it would fit in with SW... it may be worth asking her for suggestions though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be, I suppose, but to be honest, now I am aware, it's really not any kind of problem. I don't get mood swings, bloating or any of the other issues
      But I will look it up, many thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a thoroughly lovely way to spend the day Joy. Festive buffet is always a treat and can I just say oh how I love that little Christmas tree dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very sweet isn't it. Sainsbury's, several years ago now.
      xx

      Delete