Wednesday 8 December 2021

Wednesday, 08-12-21: Festive challenge day 8

Good morning!
Yesterday turned out rather an unsettling and sad day.   I get quite a lot done at Dad's, cleared the outside freezer and most of the kitchen freezer, bringing a number of things home to use up.
No photos and the evening was not great, sadly.
This has not been a good SW week but there are reasons which I won't dwell on and one can always move on, start again, pick up the good things and leave behind the less good.
So I'm starting over again and have packed in lots of flavour today so I hope that will keep me on the beaten track!

Today's plans:

B:  potato and apple rosti with smoked salmon and egg, mushrooms on the side
I saw this on one of the James Martin Christmas programmed and thought 'I could make that work'.  Obviously, I'm not using all the butter than man always uses and I will have smoked salmon instead of bacon, I think.  Also, I will most likely par cook the grated potato in the microwave and then spray bake in the oven.
Here's the recipe:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/potato_and_apple_rsti_54012
SW:  one tbsp lighter creme fraiche is one and a half syns and the rest all appears to be speed or free/protein.  Good oh!

L:  Christmas salad, ham; fruit
This recipe is from the SW site, if you can access it.  Apologies, if you can't.
https://member.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/christmas-salad
You're supposed to use black olives but I only have green so will use them instead.
SW:  It's all free apart from the olives which are eight for one and a half syns

D:  orange and ginger turkey stir fry, roasted mixed root veg, sprouts; yogurt
https://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/orange-and-ginger-turkey-stir-fry
I have to make a few changed to match with what I have got but, oddly, I do have some marmalade as a half used pot is one of the things I brought back from Dad's yesterday.
I will have to cook some turkey first or maybe use turkey mince and quickly fry it off.
I have some odds and ends of stir fry veg in the freezer so will use that instead of shredding fresh veg.
I also brought some diced root veg home with me so will use that for the roasted veg
SW:  three syns for the marmalade and the rest appears to be speed or free/protein.  The yogurt will be flavoured natural yogurt so is free.

E:  an hour of personal training

Summary:
too low on healthy extras, ooops
six syns


From the freezer:
smoked salmon
ham
turkey
stir fry veg
sweet potato chunks
butternut squash chunks


5 comments:

  1. I've just cleared my mum's home as she gone into a care home. It's difficult lots of memories and it makes you so sad. My has just gone through the and has found it difficult as well. I've put some wait back on but I'll get back on it again. Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very difficult, I agree. My heart goes out to you.
      You will get back on it again, just as I will. It's just a slower pathway for a time, that's all.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm an emotional eater too, so I totally understand. As you say, Joy, it's just a slower pathway, you'll get to your destination in due course. It's not a race, just a journey. Well done you for getting back on your journey straight away. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. You always understand. xx

      Delete