Saturday 18 December 2021

Saturday, 18-12-21: Festive challenge day 18

 Good morning!  Well, you could have knocked me down with a plastic bauble yesterday when those scales told me I'd lost a pound.  I can't imagine how but I won't argue.  It in no way compensates for the massive gain the week before but a pound is a pound.

The session was great.  A number of people brought tester food, enough for quite a feast, just like the good old pre-covid days.  Jen took photos and mine is below, in the next section.

On a different tack, I'm hoping to look through the new Pinch of Nom book and plan is some recipes this coming week.   So unexpectedly losing that pound has encouraged me no end and I have woken today with fresh determination to really have a good go this week.  I have one take away planned with Dave and Anna but one meal is containable.  Fingers crossed.

Yesterday's meals:

Photo courtesy of Jen, this was my offering.  All the croutons went, most of the pate but not so much of the little bits of smoked salmon.  No problem - I had a delicious lunch!

No other photos - I went a bit bonkers for the rest of the day and suffered the repercussions over night.  Ooops!

Today's plans: 

B:  potato waffles with bacon and egg
This feels 'special' although perfectly within SW requirements.  I also have some remaining shreds of smoked salmon so will add them, I think, to use them up and that will make it feel festive.
SW:  four syns for two potato waffles (yes, two!!) and the rest is free/protein

L:  beans on toast; fruit
Something nice and simple and beans on toast always goes down a real treat.
SW:  one healthy extra B

D:  steak, something potato-ey, peas; yogurt
I had defrosted the steak for yesterday but didn't have it so must have it today.  The potato might be chips although I do rather fancy something in the potato bake sort of line, maybe with cheese, and I've found a recipe on the SW site that might be just perfect!  I will add some nutmeg for a Christmas vibe - and because it's lovely!
SW:  one or two healthy extra As for the potato dish, half a syn for the yogurt

E:  ha ha ha ha ha!  (sorry)

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns
however - really low in speed food today.  I'll up the speed tomorrow but need to get back on track so have planned SW friendly comfort food today.


From the freezer:
potato waffles
bread for toast
steak
peas

2 comments:

  1. Really well done on the 1lb loss, Joy, that must have given you a huge boost! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has done, Sooze, although I can't take any credit for it - just a bit of pot luck, I guess.
      Thanks very much. xx

      Delete