Monday 6 December 2021

Monday, 06-12-21: Festive challenge day 6

 Good morning!
Confession time - this weekend has been, in the words of Mr Revel Horwood, a 'dis-ah-ster, dahling!'
No, that's not quite fair, it's been a lovely weekend, but my hard earned routines were thrown awry and, food wise, it has not been good at all.  I won't go into details but suffice it to say 'cheese and mince pies are on the shopping list again!  Ho hum.

Not to worry, it has delayed my getting back to target, that's all.  Today should be fine if I can keep busy - and I think I can.

Yesterday's meals:

Well, ooops is the term, I think
Breakfast - in the end I stuck to fruit and yogurt and it worked out fine, thankfully.  No photo though, sorry.

Lunch worked out fine - soup and festive croutons with some fruit to follow.
A close up of the croutons because they really are nice!  I just use small Christmas cutters and a couple of slices of wholemeal, pop them in the actifry with some spray oil, salt and pepper and give them ten minutes at 200, paddle in.
Very cute!

Today's plans:  straight back on the wagon - no reprisals!

B:  sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes
Just what's needed to get me back on that wagon again
SW: the sausage is two syns, the rest is free or speed

L:  cheese and cranberry toastie, salad; fruit
Two slices of wholemeal, some cheddar and one level tbsp cranberry sauce.  Lovely jubbly.
I shall have to make some more cranberry sauce.  Luckily it is dead easy and I will add some of the Festive spice mix.
SW:  two healthy extra As and one B plus one and a half syns for the cranberry sauce

D: cranberry almond turkey meatballs, creamy mushroom sauce, mixed veg; yogurt
I've copied some of this from yesterday because I did get as far as making the meatballs and they're sitting in the fridge patiently waiting to be used.  The flavour should be good anyway.  I added some breadcrumbs left over from making the croutons so that, plus the almonds would count towards a B choice but, seeing as I have had my B today, I will syn them.
It's a Slimming Eats recipe.
https://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/cranberry-almond-chicken-meatballs-2
It doesn't have a sauce so I will make one with mushrooms, a bit of stock and seasoning, some quark and some cornflour to both thicken and stabilise.
SW:  10g dried cranberries is two syns, 2g flaked almonds is half a syn and the breadcrumbs less than one syn but lets call it one. 
Also, one syn for two tsps cornflour and half a syn for the yogurt.

E:  Circuits today, online again as Lindsey is still in isolation!

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eight and a half syns


From the freezer:
one sausage
two slices of bread
turkey mince


And fingers crossed, please, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment