Tuesday 7 December 2021

Tuesday, 07-12-21; Festive Challenge day 7

Good morning!
Today is going to be a difficult day as I am off to Dad's early (I'm writing this Monday evening).  I have a list of what food to take with me so I can stick to plan and will have the last Tastily meal in the evening so everything is ready and prepared.
I may not take breakfast and lunch photos.

Yesterday's meals:

A really substantial breakfast to get me back on track again.
Cranberry sauce goes beautifully with cheese in a toastie.  I nibbled this one so as to make it last longer.  Delicious!
The chicken, cranberry and almond meatballs were also really good.  What would be nice is to make up the meatballs but encase a bit of stilton cheese inside each one.  Also, chestnuts instead of almonds would have worked really well.  
Here's the recipe again:
https://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/cranberry-almond-chicken-meatballs-2

Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
I'm out of fruit yogurts so I will mix up some Christmas cookie skinny syrup to flavour some natural yogurt
SW:  speed and free

L:  beans on toast; fruit
I'll put half of the can of beans in a pot to take with me.
SW:  one healthy extra B and the rest is free.

D:  the last Tastily meal, chicken burrito bowl; yogurt
As with all the Tastily meals, there's not a sniff of how many syns on the SW site but it is 503 calories so, with the other meals, should keep me in calorie deficit quite nicely.
SW:  unknown

E:  There will be a lot of lifting and carrying, up and down stairs, etc.

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
unknown syns


From the freezer:
the last Tastily meal - I will get some more at some point, they have been very delicious and very useful
bread for the toast



4 comments:

  1. Cranberry sauce makes everything look and taste a bit special doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. I really like it too - and the dried cranberries. xx

      Delete
  2. I agree, cranberry sauce goes so well with lots of things. I love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very useful thing to have to hand. xx

      Delete