Tuesday 14 December 2021

Tuesday, 14-12-21: Festive challenge day 14

Good morning!
Today, the restricted eating, which is now pretty much established as a regular pattern, will have to go by the board as when I should be eating, I will be having a booster needle stuck in me!  Just in case I don't feel great afterwards, I'm planning some very easy meals for the rest of the day.

Yesterday's meals:

Festive oat muffins and very nice too.  They come out more like a bread pudding than a cake and I am wondering what they would be like if I subbed SR wholemeal of the oats.  I might try that another day and see if there's more 'cake' to it.

Anyway, the mixture made four, baked in little silicone cases, and they were filling.  I had orange zest in the mixture but didn't have the rest of the orange - I had it later on instead.
The spiced turkey bites were very nice, the main problem being that, as with any really low fat mince, the texture was rather dry.  One could vary the spices for a very different flavour.
Both the dips were nice.  I made the minty one with yogurt, mint sauce from a jar and a bit of salt and pepper.
However, I then discovered that if you mix that minty sauce with some sweet chilli dipping sauce, it is really scrummy and would probably make a nice salad dressing too, diluted down with something (like white wine vinegar, maybe.

I totally forgot to snap dinner, sorry.


Today's plans:

B:  Christmas porridge, apple and yogurt
Just the usual porridge with some festive spice mix.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for the milk, one healthy extra B for the oats

L:  tomato and roasted red pepper soup, Christmas croutons; fruit
I've had this several times before - the soup is in the freezer and I will prep the croutons before I leave for the booster.
SW:  six syns for 60g bread for the croutons.

D:  cheesy jacket potato with chilli, either salad or side veg; yogurt
This is easier than it sounds.  I have a turkey mince chilli in the freezer that just needs thawing and reheating, the actifry will take care of the jacket potato and I can use one of those microwave bags of mixed veg which may be rather expensive but are extremely convenient and do me for two portions.
SW:  one to one and a half As for the cheese and the rest is free/protein/speed

E:  a rest day today

Summary:
two healthy extra As (at last!!)
one healthy extra B
it looks as if it might be a syn free day - yay!!


From the freezer:
soup
bread
turkey mince chilli
(I'm getting quite short on ready meals now - time to focus more on the cuts of meat, etc, as there's still loads)

2 comments:

  1. Good idea to plan for some easy meals for the next few days, just in case. When I had my booster, 2 or 3 weeks ago, I felt absolutely shattered for a couple of days afterwards. Of course, there's no guarantee you will....we're all different. I hope you're fine! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, what will be will be - it's worth it. Thanks, Sooze.
      xx

      Delete