Tuesday 28 December 2021

Tuesday: 28-12-21

Good morning!
The family buffet went ahead yesterday so the evening wasn't 'good' (actually, it was delicious) but not to worry.  There's one more blow out and that's New Year's Eve when I'm doing a turkey roast dinner (which is SW fine) and then a light buffet come the evening.  And then it's new year and the track runs straight through January.

Looking through the fridge, I am definitely not going to need to do a food shop this week, unless I get a few bits and bobs for Friday night.  I need to just check the freezer for nibbles.
Yesterday's meals:

I decided not to roll this but to layer it and treat it to a dusting of icing sugar snow.  Lovely!


The Christmas ham quesadilla was very tasty - like all quesadillas, in fact.  The sweet pickled onion (fortified with some red cabbage too) was really nice and so very easy to make.

I also had some more easy peelers.




Today's plans:

B:  poached (or fried) eggs on toast, tomatoes
SW:  one healthy extra B for the toast

L:  crustless ham and onion quiche, mixed veg; fruit
I'm using up some cream in this quiche so it won't be syn free but will work with syns.  I have loads of sprouts left over and also quite a lot of parsnips so I might spray roast the parsnips - I like them.  I'll do double sprouts, some for lunch and some for dinner.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese, two tbsp double cream is seven syns (ouch)

D:  cheesy ham and potato bake, veg; yogurt
I made this last week but without the ham and it was delicious so I'm looking forward to having it again, the full version this time, ham and all.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese and half a syn for yogurt

E:  Festive Blast.  It was also going to be personal training today but we've moved it back to the usual day and time.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
seven and a half syns


From the freezer: 
bread
and that's it but  you know - leftovers!!

1 comment:

  1. I keep wondering whether a crustless quiche is a thick omelette?

    ReplyDelete