Wednesday 29 December 2021

Wednesday: 29-12-21

Good morning!
OK, well, yesterday did NOT go according to plan in any way whatsoever.  I'm rather cross with myself but life goes on and so does healthy eating!

Today's plans:

B:  porridge with easy peelers
SW:  one healthy extra B for oats and half a healthy extra A for milk

L:  broccoli, leek and potato soup, croutons (no longer Christmas shapes); fruit
While sorting out the fridge yesterday, I used up the broccoli stem and the top of a leek to make a soup which will act as a sort of base.  Today I think I will add some Stilton and make it a cheesy broccoli soup.  The rest will go in the freezer temporarily and next time I will add cooked mash to make a sort of leek and potato soup.
SW:  six syns for two slices of bread for croutons and one to one and a half healthy extra As for the cheese.

D:   ham, egg and chips, assorted vegetables; yogurt
Still working on the Christmas ham.  Today I am going to slice the remains and freeze the slices in single portions.  I know ham lasts for ages but I don't want to push it!
SW: half a syn for the yogurt

E:  it was supposed to be Festive Blast and then Personal Training but I've done something to my back, have had a bad night with it, and am going to rest up today.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six and a half syns


From the freezer:
bread
I'm also taking the New Year's Eve turkey out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge

And some soup goes INTO the freezer!

2 comments:

  1. Your poor back! Glad you're taking care of it, hope it responds quickly
    The soup sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie, I'm sure it will go with a bit of rest today.
      I think the soup will be lovely, especially with some Stilton in it (which isn't really properly counted as an A choice but tough!).
      xx

      Delete