Friday 24 December 2021

Friday, 24-12-21: Festive challenge day 24 - last day

Good morning:
Well, here we are at Christmas Eve.  Yesterday was delicious but naughty!
I'm off to SW this morning, helping out at the drop in hour.  I will ask if I can not be weighed - there's little point - I know what it will say and I don't need to have it confirmed.
I hope Jen will be OK with that!

The hollandaise sauce worked out really well, thanks to Thermione.  I just bunged everything in, accessed the recipe and turned it on and eight minutes later - wow.  

Yesterday's meals:

This was so self indulgent!
I wasn't hungry at breakfast time so it became brunch instead.  Two potato waffles, two slices of bacon, some smoked salmon and that Hollandaise sauce which came out absolutely brilliantly and was utterly delicious.
Mind you, so it should be with so much butter.  No way can I make that a regular event but maybe, for high days and holidays, a few times each year for a real treat . . .

 I did a quarter amounts and hoped for the best and it was fine.

The afternoon was a naughty nibble time (I'm not going to say 'unfortunately because it's Christmas!) so I wasn't hungry and didn't have any dinner.  It will do for lunch today!

And the old not-gallbladder behaved itself beautifully - phew!

Today's plans:

B:  Nothing - still not hungry after yesterday.

L:  chicken in batter, marmite chips and salad
I'm having what I planned for yesterday evening.  The chips are all prepared and I'm not wasting them!

D:  Festive nibbles and drinks while watching Carols from King's on BBC 2 - sheer bliss!

E:  ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha etc


Have a wonderful Christmas Eve everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment