Monday 20 December 2021

Monday, 20-12-21: Festive challenge day 20

Good morning:
Yesterday went beautifully until the evening when it all rather crumpled.  Oh, well - carry on!

Yesterday's meals:

Yummy yum.  I was surprised how much squirty cream you get for 20g - well, 23g, to be accurate so I'm calling it three syns.

Just what it looks like - beans on toast with no hidden extras.  That's because it's Heinz beans (from Dad's larder) which are so expensive but a much better flavour and don't need any sauce to improve them.

The chicken and leek casserole was lovely!  I used a couple of chicken thighs which always have a better flavour and a tub of real chicken stock I found in the freezer, more or less followed the instructions although it didn't take as long as the pork would have taken, and added leftover peas right at the end - just because it was a convenient way to warm them up.
The potato was leftovers and the broccoli and sprouts cooked from scratch and all in all, it was delicious.
And there are leftovers for lunch today!

The recipe is in the new SW magazine.

I also need to confess that I may have had more than a passing acquaintance with some of my home made strawberry gin in the evening.  Ooops!

Today's plans:

B:  bacon, potato waffle and baked beans
One version of an 'English' breakfast.  The baked beans are leftovers from yesterday.
SW:  two syns for the potato waffle and one for some bbq sauce, maybe

L:  chicken and leek casserole, broccoli; fruit
I had originally planned for soup but have leftovers from yesterday so that's good.  A short time in the microwave and all done!
SW:  All speed/free/protein so no syns

D:  Christmas Traybake; yogurt
I saw this on a vlog.  Basically, you par boil and then roast potatoes, parsnips and carrots in a suitable sized roasting dish.  Half way through, add sprouts and pigs in blankets (and I might add a few chunks of chicken too).  Serve with gravy (if you want) and cranberry sauce (if you want).
That's the basics but I will watch it again to get any seasoning details.  Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9erbAaB3KpU
SW:  all the veg and herbs, etc are free/speed/protein, the pigs in blankets will be four syns (two syns each for two chipolatas) and I do have some real turkey gravy in the freezer which I will call three syns for 'safety's sake'.  Half a syn for the yogurt

E:  the last circuit training of the year

Summary:
No healthy extras, ooops!
ten and a half syns (for waffles, sauce, sausages, gravy and yogurt)


From the freezer: 
potato waffle
chicken
sausages
turkey gravy

2 comments:

  1. That chocolate brownie 'Baileys' called to me again last night too! The Christmas traybake sounds nice, I do like pigs in blankets. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. The family made me promise to have pigs, whatever meal we ended up with, and I was more than happy so to do!

      I mentioned the Bailey's to Beth - she loves it - but we decided that with all the other things we have already got, it would be too much. So, sadly, it's off the shopping list. Ah, well!
      xx

      Delete