Saturday 25 December 2021

Saturday: 25-12-21 - Christmas Day

Good morning, everyone. 

Slimming World was brilliant yesterday.  I didn't have to weight - I didn't even have to argue my case.  A number of folk turned up for the weigh-in and a bit of a Festive chat, there were some really good losses, the social team stayed around and it was just lovely.   Back to normal next Friday and there are new Members' Packs for the New Year.  Nice.

Yesterday's meals.

OK, so not good Slimming World examples here.

Late breakfast/early lunch.  The marmite chips were so lovely - definitely doing that again as it was dead easy!

In the afternoon, the Campari was ceremoniously opened - my favourite drink and I only ever have it at Christmas.
I might break that rule this coming year as it will be my seventieth sixty-tenth birthday.  I think I can justify that.
This beige plateful was the nibbles I had for dinner.  A mix of bought and home made and very nice they were too.



Today's plans:

B:  oat blinis, cream cheese and smoked salmon.  Yummeroony
I have so many really delicious breakfasts I could have chosen but I decided on this, having watched Jamie making the blinis.  I mixed them up on Thursday and made them yesterday.  The taste tast was most successful - I can recommend them.
Here's the  recipe - you have to isolate it from the rest of the dish.
https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/salmon-recipes/smoked-salmon-oat-blinis/
I'm not too far removed from SW though - I'm using Philly Light!

L:  The Feast.
Just a list: 
slow roast belly pork (with a Higgidy pie for the vegetarian amongst us), roast potatoes, roast parsnips, sprouts, broccoli, carrots, stuffing, pigs in blankets, cranberry sauce, gravy; < takes deep breath >
then Christmas pudding, mince pies, cream, Bailey's cream, custard;
a selection of cheeses and crackers, port;
coffee and mints.
plus related alcohol

T:  nibbles
A selection of 'party food' from M&S/Morrisons, vegetarian sausage rolls, more cheese . . . etc . . . Christmas cake and various other sweet bits and bobs.
Or not a lot, depending on how we all feel!
And a cuppa tea!

I will try to take photos but no promises!


Back on it tomorrow with leftovers - got to love leftovers!

I know I don't get a load of comments on this blog (sadly) but I do have many regular followers/readers and , if you have read and enjoyed it, for whatever reason, this is for you, with my thanks.



3 comments:

  1. Hope your day has been wonderful Joy. If you are comfortable letting me have your address I'll make you a special sixty tenth birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be absolutely lovely, thank you. How do I get it to you though?
      xx

      Delete
    2. If you leave it as a comment which I won't publish or perhaps email me... cherieandtony@yahoo.com
      And let me know when it is. I do love making special cards for special people. x and if you like bracelets I make a really mean selection... Let me have your wrist measurement and an idea of colours that you like. x

      Delete