Sunday 5 December 2021

Sunday, 05-12-21: Festive Challenge day 5

Good morning!

Well, yesterday was just one of those days - too much food and definitely NOT SW friendly.  And now, early Sunday morning, I am feeling very hungry, as you do when you've eaten too much of the wrong kind of thing. so I am getting straight back on track again.
Bang goes any chance of losing much this week but at last this week I will know why.  :-)

Yesterday's meals:

Really sorry but I took no photos and it wouldn't have helped anyone on their SW journey anyway.
The camera is at the ready for today's meals though.


Today's meal plans:

B:  mincemeat pancakes, yogurt and fruit
I might add the mincemeat to the pancake mixture or I might have it on top - I haven't decided.  How would you have it?
SW:  two level tbsp mincemeat is three syns and the oats or oat bran will be my healthy extra B

L:  tomato and red pepper soup, Christmas croutons; fruit
It was going to be broccoli and stilton but I got the tomato soup out of the freezer yesterday but didn't have it so must use it today.  I'll use my little cutters to make croutons and blitz the crusts and leftover bits to make breadcrumbs.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the bread - I am having two B choices today

D:  cranberry almond turkey meatballs, creamy mushroom sauce, mixed veg; yogurt
Another amazing recipe from the brilliant Slimming Eats site (book out next month - plug)
https://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/cranberry-almond-chicken-meatballs-2
It's actually for chicken mince but says you can use turkey mince and as I have some of the latter . . .
I think the syns are a little bit out and I'm reducing it down, of course, so have re-synned it for absolute accuracy.
It doesn't count as a sauce so I will make a quark-y chicken stock sauce thickened with cornflour - very much nicer than it sounds, I promise, especially if I simmer the meatballs in the the stock rather than bake in the oven.
SW:  10g dried cranberries is two syns, 2g flaked almonds is half a syn and the rest seems to be free although I might add some wholemeal breadcrumbs, seeing as I have made them and counted them.  
Also, one syn for two tsps cornflour and half a syn for the yogurt.

E:  Probably a rest day today

Summary:
no healthy extra A
two healthy extra Bs
seven syns


From the freezer:  
turkey mince
soup
bread

No comments:

Post a Comment