Thursday 16 December 2021

Thursday, 16-12-21: Festive challenge day 16

Good morning!
Today is not going to be a healthy day.  Two social events - small but nonetheless - will see to that.  And I am going to enjoy myself.

Yesterday's meals:

The citrus roulade was absolutely lovely.  Apologies for the poor decoration but I wasn't going to waste the remaining orange segments.  It looks a lot more than it really is - which is two eggs, a pot of kvarg and an orange plus a few flavourings.
I will have this again next week - it does feel special.  
The toastie was also delicious and the bacon went well with the cheese and cranberry sauce.
Chicken casserole, rice and mixed veg for dinner and very nice too.  There was plenty of each left over so it's all mixed together and I'll have it this evening, maybe with some grated cheddar melted over the top.  That saves it going into the freezer and, you know, second day food . . . always nice.

Today's plans:

B:  First social event - Chris over the road is coming over for coffee, chat and nibbles.  I will serve veggie sausage rolls, biscotti and mince pies - just one of each but that's enough!

L:  Over to friend Val for lunch and I am taking biscotti and mince pies with me for afters.  

D:  The other half of the casserole, rice and veg

No specific exercise today and no SW summary!  :-)

From the freezer:
sausage rolls
mince pies
and I've prevented the casserole from going in the freezer.

2 comments:

  1. That all sounds absolutely delish.. I'm positively drooling at the thought. Have a look at the link Sooze has put on her blog for you. More mouthwatering carb loaded goodies... I will definitely be making them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the Skint Dad recipe - how very kind of her, I will go and look straight away.
      It has been a very delicious day so far! Naughty but nice, as the saying goes.
      xx

      Delete