Monday 13 December 2021

Monday, 13-12-21: Festive challenge day 13

Good morning!
Yesterday was another 'good ' day (not a value judgment, just that the plans worked out fine and the food was delicious).


I did change one thing:  I made a dozen mince pies and, obviously, I had to quality taste one.  That probably balances out the lack of A choices calorie wise, although not nutritionally.
So no drinking chocolate come the evening.

They definitely passed muster and are now safely entombed in the freezer for when needed - all eleven of them!

I might make another dozen today - then I really will have enough for everyone and anyone!


Yesterday's meals:

Mince pie pancakes - oh, yes, please, so delicious.  It's a different recipe from my usual - 40g oats zizzed (or use oat bran like I did), two eggs (I usually use one), four tbsp yogurt and 30g mincemeat and I also added vanilla and some skinny syrup plus the baking powder it asked for and a splash of water.
Very filling indeed.

This was lunch; the ready meal chicken supreme and I cooked carrots, cabbage and broccoli to go with it.  The rice in the ready meal wasn't so nice - it was a bit hard, as was the sweet corn that was in it, but the actual chicken supreme was really rather tasty.   I'm just sorry Dad didn't have the opportunity to enjoy it.

Through the afternoon, I had some easy peelers.
Now this was the best ever dinner.  It looks such a load but at least three quarters of it is speed vegetables - red cabbage and onion, broccoli, green cabbage and butternut squash.
I enjoyed it so, so much.

No room for any dessert.

I've done a close up of the chicken so you can see the chicken wrapped around the veg sausage with crushed chestnuts - you can't see the chestnuts but you could taste them.  A very nice addition!


Today's plans:

B:  festive baked oats
I've made this before but this time I will make them as little buns and will use the home made festive spice mix for flavourings.  I might add some dried cranberries for extra ho ho ho!
SW:  one healthy extra B plus however many syns the cranberries are

L:  spiced turkey bites, minty dip, maybe salad; fruit
This is a Pinch of Nom recipe.
https://pinchofnom.com/recipes/spiced-turkey-bites/
I don't have mint jelly but I do have some mint sauce so will use that instead and I might also have some sweet chilli sauce too.
SW:  one level tbsp mint sauce is half a syn, one tbsp sweet chilli sauce is one and a half syns.  I'm assuming both.

D:  chicken, mango and chickpea curry, basmati rice, maybe some veg.
This is a home made ready meal from the freezer.  I'm afraid I can't remember where I got the recipe.
SW:  the whole curry is five syns and dessert will be natural yogurt flavoured with skinny syrup so free

E:  circuit training today

Summary:
one healthy extra B
seven syns plus those for dried cranberries, if I use them


From the freezer:
turkey mince
chicken curry

3 comments:

  1. Yum to that chicken breast. I bought my first ever bag of chestnuts the other day and they'll need using up within three days of opening so it was a welcome meal suggestion.

    ReplyDelete