Thursday 9 December 2021

Thursday, 09-12-21: Festive challenge day 9

  Good morning!
Yesterday was fine until the evening when it all went awry again.  Tomorrow's weigh in is going to be horrendous.

Oh, well, keep trying.  That is all one can do.

Yesterday's meals:

The potato and apple rosti was absolutely delicious.  The amount I used made two 'patties' and I intended to have them both for breakfast but it was filling so I saved one and had it for dinner instead of the planned roasted root veg.
They took a while, yes, but worth it.  Teamed with the smoked salmon, egg and mushrooms, they were a great taste!

I like the idea of making one larger one and cooking it slowly, serving it in slices.  Maybe I'll do that next time.  I gather the only dodgy bit is the turning over which is a slide onto a plate, turn over, slide back in sort of thing.
Lunch was the SW Christmas salad and that was another deliciousness.  I had ham with it but didn't put it on for the photo as it rather spoilt the effect.
I had to adapt the dressing a bit because it used fat free vinaigrette and I don't like it so don't buy it.  I just used some sweet chilli sauce instead and it worked a treat.

As mentioned above, this changed a bit but it was still scrummy.  I cut a turkey steak really thin and spray fried it before adding the stir fry veg.  The sauce was simply marmalade, soy sauce, some crushed ginger and some water, added towards the end and bubbled until it thickened.  Really easy and very tasty.

Today's plans:

B:  I'm leaving this blank because this morning I'm over to a friend's for coffee and chat and she's providing a few Christmas nibbles.

L:  Christmas toastie, tomatoes; fruit
I plan to use turkey, stilton (not really an A choice but I am calling it that, sorry!) and cranberry sauce in the toastie.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one B plus one and a half syns for the cranberry sauce

D:  sausages, sweet potato gratin, veg; yogurt
A SW recipe, the sweet potato gratin is done long and slow in the oven so I do wonder if I could do it in my mini slow cooker instead.  I think I will give it a go and then, maybe, just finish it off in the oven to brown the top.
Here's the link for those with access to the SW site.  https://member.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/sweet-potato-gratin
SW:  four syns for two chipolata sausages

E:  nothing specific today but I will be active in the house.

Summary:
one to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
syns unknown


From the freezer:
bread
turkey
sausages


1 comment:

  1. You do make such tasty meals Joy. It has inspired me no end this past year.

    ReplyDelete