Friday 17 December 2021

Friday, 17-12-21: Festive challenge day 17

 Good morning!
It's the SW party this morning and we're having a taster buffet.  That's when people bring in low or no syn nibbles or dishes for everyone to try.  Recipes are on hand and I usually get some good ideas.

I'm going to take some of the croutons I make but larger so they are like crunchy crackers.  I have made a smoked salmon spread and with it have some shreds of smoked salmon and some little segments of mini tomatoes or little bits of pepper.  A sort of Make-Your-Own canapé, in fact.
Any leftovers I can have for lunch.  :-)

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast was Festive nibbles with Chris - no photo
For lunch, Val toasted a roll each and topped it with spinach, smoked haddock, an egg and hollandaise sauce and it was lovely.  No photo though.

This was dinner.  Just the chicken, rice and veg leftover from yesterday, reheated with some grated cheese on top and sprouts on the side.  Very nice it was too!

Today's plans:

B:  Taster session at SW

L:  Either leftovers or soup - bean and veg soup sounds nice but I will see how I feel when I make it.

D:  steak and chips, peas; yogurt

E:  I'll walk to SW, weather permitting, I think.

Summary:
It's hard to say.  The bread will be my B choice and I am sure there will be cheese floating around somewhere for some A.  As for syns, I will try to keep them low.  We will see.


From the freezer:
bread
steak
peas

4 comments:

  1. How funny I have made almost the same sw taster for our group..... crouton stars topped with smoked salmon mock pate and a star shaped slice of cucumber! Good luck with weigh in, I shall be pleased with a maintain this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap. It's very delish, isn't it?
      Good luck - wishing you at least one pound off. xx

      Delete
  2. Oh how yummy that salmon 'pate' sounds. To make it virtually carb free I'd simply put it on top of Lynn's cucumber stars and thoroughly enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be lovely! Great idea. Or cut strips of cucumber and wrap it round the pate.
      xx

      Delete