Monday 4 April 2022

Monday, 04-04-22

Good morning!

It's my second SP day today so I am checking everything, just to make sure!  I've made some pleasant discoveries as I do so

Yesterday's meals:


Well, this was a very nice breakfast.  After last week's crustless quiche failure, I was a bit more careful and I think using my hand whisk did make a difference, but look at how they rose!  I just had to grab my camera to catch them before they fell - which they did a bit bit not disappointingly so.
I've written it up as a separate recipe, as much for me as for anyone else.  It's all speed and protein too, so would be good on an SP day.
https://my30-30challenge.blogspot.com/2022/04/sp-recipe-breakfast-muffins.html

A yummy sort-of-roast-dinner.  The deli beef was delicious, the ninja Yorkshire looked a bit odd but tasted just as it should taste and I couldn't eat over half of the veg so saved them for the evening meal.
Discounting prep time, the whole meal took under half an hour to cook.

Next time I make ninja Yorkshires, I will try using my little pudding moulds and see how that goes.

No room for the fruit salad.

Later on, I had a banana which really did need eating.
And then dinner.  I had so many vegetables left over from lunch that I decided not to cook any rice and I'm glad I didn't because it wasn't needed.  I made the casserole with onion, pepper, mushroom, a bit of bacon, chicken (half a breast fillet), mange tout, baby corn, a few of the lunch vegetables and some mixed pulses, all simmered with a can of cherry tomatoes (expensive, but I wanted to try them) and various seasonings.  It made loads, two really good portions, so the other half is in the freezer and maybe I WILL have rice with it sometime.
I finished off with the yogurt and then a small easy peeler.

Yesterday's challenge:
no alcohol
fourteen speed foods
four and a half syns, mostly down to the Yorkshire pudding

Today's SP plans:

B:  sweet omelette, fruit and yogurt
The thought of a sweet omelette always does my brain in a bit but it's actually really very nice.  The yogurt will be 0% Greek which is classed a P(rotein) so 'allowable' .  I'm not sure which skinny syrup I will be using to flavour the yogurt but the omelette will probably be vanilla essence and sweetener which is really nice.
SW:  no syns

L:  quesadilla, hummus, finger salad; fruit
It's not really a proper quesadilla, more just a toastie using a wrap, and I might try ninja-ing it and fasten the top down with a toothpick.  If you don't try . . .
The hummus is one for those little pots and it's one syn per tbsp.  Looking at it, I would say it is two tbsps-worth but I will measure it and adjust the syns if necessary.
SW:  one to one and a half healthy extra As, one healthy extra B, two syns for the hummus and that should be it!

D:  Caribbean pepperpot stew, konjac rice, side veg; yogurt
This is another recipe from the SW site and is one of those generally available so here's the link
There's a number of adjustments - what SW calls 'optimising' - I will use chicken, butternut squash instead of sweet potato to make it SP-friendly, use other veg as I don't have green beans (runner beans, maybe?) konjac rice and I don't have any proper jerk seasoning, I have something Sainsbury's optimistically calls 'Caribbean Style Seasoning'.  I will see!   I've also just checked edamame beans and they are a P so I might throw some in as I really like them.
In fact, quite a different vibe but there you go - gastronomic creativity!
SW:  one syn for the konjac rice and half a syn for the yogurt but the rest looks to be free. 

Exercise:  circuits today, yay!

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three and a half syns

From the freezer:
fruit
wrap
chicken
various vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment